An Old School Catholic Message Board

Visitations of orders with the EF?

AVEBVM

On 10/10/2021 at 7:00 PM, Nunsuch said:The person in charge of the American Apostolic Visitation of sisters was actually herself an American sister. She was apparently a remarkably diplomatic and wise woman, who was respected by all involved. I have this on the authority of two women who were presidents of LCWR during the time of that Visitation.

The sister in charge of the Apostolic Visitation of the sisters in the US was Mother Claire.  Her mother was an associate member of my congregation, and she lived across the street from our motherhouse!

My order has an annual Provincial Visitation from one or more provincial council members.  Once every six years we have a General Visitation by someone from the General Council.  This year we had our Vicar General visit.  Such a lovely and hard working woman!

49 minutes ago, Sister Julie said:

The sister in charge of the Apostolic Visitation of the sisters in the US was Mother Claire.  Her mother was an associate member of my congregation, and she lived across the street from our motherhouse!

My order has an annual Provincial Visitation from one or more provincial council members.  Once every six years we have a General Visitation by someone from the General Council.  This year we had our Vicar General visit.  Such a lovely and hard working woman!

I heard very good things about Mother Claire from a member of my community, who was president of LCWR when that investigation came to an end. 

Of course, visitations from members of one's own congregation are very different from Vatican-imposed investigations....

Mother Claire and two of her sisters came to town when her mother died.  The 3 sisters were at the mortuary, closing the coffin, when they heard a loud noise followed by screaming.  Two men had flown their hot air balloon into some power lines.  The sisters served as first responders to the two men.  One was severely burned, and the other lost his arm.  The sisters gave aid until the EMS team arrived.