An Old School Catholic Message Board

"Let's Go Brandon!"

dominicansoul

14 minutes ago, dUSt said:

I still don't understand this meme or slogan. Can someone give me the cliff notes version?

Guy named Brandon won a car race s few weeks ago. The crowd was chanting "Let's go, Brandon" - at least according to the person who interviewed him on television. According to other sources, the crowd was chanting "F*** Joe Biden" and the interviewer intentionally said, on air, the crowd was chanting "Let's go, Brandon" as a form of damage control. 

Conservatives are now chanting "Let's go, Brandon" as a code for the F*** Joe Biden. 

On 10/26/2021 at 3:14 AM, dominicansoul said:

Knowing what this slogan refers to, is it good Christian behavior to chant at sports venues?  :topsy:

Having read of its origins I think its safe to say it does not constitute good Christian behaviour at all.

21 hours ago, Nunsuch said:

And a brother wouldn't be eligible to go to Smith.

I'm SO sorry. This doesn't belong on this blog or website. Posted here by mistake. Could a moderator please delete it?

Credo in Deum
1 hour ago, Didacus said:

How wide spread is this chant anyways?

We keep hearing it north of the border!

It’s gone global.  In Rome, protesters protesting lockdowns were heard saying it when passing the U.S. Embassy.  

16 hours ago, Credo in Deum said:

It’s gone global.  In Rome, protesters protesting lockdowns were heard saying it when passing the U.S. Embassy.  

LOL!  Brilliant!!!

Ash Wednesday

As much as I can appreciate the subversiveness towards a president that I don't think is a good one, I don't agree with the original slogan and don't endorse expressing subversiveness with a vulgar spirit, even if it's just a code phrase. I'd rather not be at a sports venue where vulgarities involving fornication or code words to replace it are being said about anyone. 

That said, I did find the reporter's "interpretation" to be pretty laughable and do think it's pretty rich to see the people that said F-Trump going full diaper about it when we had to listen to that for over four years.

2 hours ago, Ash Wednesday said:

That said, I did find the reporter's "interpretation" to be pretty laughable and do think it's pretty rich to see the people that said F-Trump going full diaper about it when we had to listen to that for over four years.

I haven't seen many diapers, personally.  Aside from a few comebacks (e.g. "You know that if you want to say f*** Joe Biden, you can just say it, right?  Using code words for swears is so childish I'm surprised Gaetz hasn't tried to sleep with it") most people on the left don't care.

dominicansoul
On 11/3/2021 at 11:52 PM, Credo in Deum said:

It’s only a matter of time until the left claims it’s white supremacy hate speech. :rolleyes:  

Or claim that it's "childish and beneath our dignity to respond to it" :lol4: