An Old School Catholic Message Board

"Let's Go Brandon!"

dominicansoul

KnightofChrist
26 minutes ago, Nunsuch said:

And I believe that Catholic teaching encompasses more than abortion (something not mentioned in Scripture). I deeply admire--and am challenged by--Pope Francis's holistic and comprehensive understanding of Life, of scripture, the Gospel message, and Catholic Social Teaching. Is he perfect? No. But, then, neither am I, and I do find he has much to teach me. 

Holy Scripture always condemns mass murder of innocence, even when the method by which it is achieved goes unmentioned.

Abortion cuts at the root of Catholic teaching. Abortion is taking an axe to the very life of the Church. 

Does Catholic teaching encompass more than slavery? The Holocaust and other forms of mass murder?

Edited by KnightofChrist

Credo in Deum
50 minutes ago, Nunsuch said:

Nope. This is deeply offensive. Of course, you may well approve of his predecessor, who insulted pretty much any type of person you can name and who was about as vulgar as it gets. So maybe offensiveness doesn't bother you?

Cool. I don’t approve or disapprove of Trump.  I do know both parties are obsessed with him. 

12 minutes ago, Credo in Deum said:

Catholicism does cover more than abortion but it doesn’t claim everything else has to be conquered with the same level of attention.   Even in our own spiritual lives we’re told to eradicate habitual/willful mortal sins first, then focus on willful venial sins, and then focus on our other various faults. 

Focusing on abortion more than immigration, the death penalty, etc etc isn’t inconsistent with Catholic morality!  

Cardinal Daniel DiNardo said, “My friends, civility begins in the womb. If we cannot come to love and protect innocent life from the moment God creates it, how can we properly care for each other as we come of age? Or when we come to old age?” 

Heck even with things like immigration, death penalty, etc you would have to show how these things are against the Catholic Faith.  Last time I checked, they weren’t.   I quoted myself since it wouldn’t let me edit.

Edited by Credo in Deum

2 hours ago, Nunsuch said:

Catholic teaching encompasses more than abortion (something not mentioned in Scripture)

what about the 5th commandment, The fifth commandment forbids direct and intentional killing as gravely sinful. The murderer and those who cooperate voluntarily in murder commit a sin?

the ten commandment are Scripture

On 10/25/2021 at 10:44 PM, dominicansoul said:

Knowing what this slogan refers to, is it good Christian behavior to chant at sports venues?  :topsy:

The answer is No

5 hours ago, Nunsuch said:

Nope. This is deeply offensive. Of course, you may well approve of his predecessor, who insulted pretty much any type of person you can name and who was about as vulgar as it gets. So maybe offensiveness doesn't bother you?

Some alleged Catholics thought Trump was so "vulgar" that they instead voted in support of baby-killing. If it takes killing a few thousand babies to avoid "vulgarity" I suppose it's worth it to some people.

4 hours ago, Vernon said:

Some alleged Catholics thought Trump was so "vulgar" that they instead voted in support of baby-killing. If it takes killing 800,000+ of babies to avoid "vulgarity" I suppose it's worth it to some people.

Fixed it

This statistic shows the number of legal abortions reported in the United States from 1973 to 2019. In 2000, there were approximately 857,000 legal abortions in the United States. In 2019, this figure decreased to some 630,000. 

Edited by little2add

• 1 year later...

U.S. Weapons from Afghanistan Ended up with Palestinian Groups Operating in the Gaza Strip

A claim in a news report that American weapons seized in Afghanistan have ended up in the hands of Palestinian groups operating in the Gaza Strip has taken on renewed significance after Hamas, a Palestinian terrorist group, launched an attack on Israel on Saturday.

According to a Newsweek report published in June, an Israeli commander said some of the US. small arms seized in Afghanistan have already been observed in the hands of Palestinian groups operating in the Gaza Strip.

L.G.B.

temp-Imagev17p85.jpg

• 3 weeks later...