An Old School Catholic Message Board

Final Solution for 'AntiVaxxers'?

KnightofChrist

KnightofChrist

What will be done with the so-called  'antivaxxers'? What will be done with them when they are fired from their jobs, when they are banned from society?

How will they pay their mortgages, rent, and other necessities of life? 

When around 40% of the population is homeless and starving, what will be done with these people? How will they be housed, fed? How long will "just get vaccinated" justify efforts to force people to be vaccinated for COVID-19? How far will we take this?

Edited by KnightofChrist

2 hours ago, KnightofChrist said:

What will be done with them when they are fired from their jobs, when they are banned from society?

How will they pay their mortgages, rent, and other necessities of life? 

When around 40% of the population is homeless and starving, what will be done with these people?

The same thing we do with the homeless societal outcasts today!  Blame them for their predicament and refuse to bolster any social safety nets because "private charity is enough."  After all, if the government takes care of the poor, religious people won't be able to demonstrate their virtues by conspicuously ministering to the poor.

KnightofChrist

Mandating that unvaccinated persons be fired and banned from society will have real negative effects and result in a profound humanitarian crisis. It is a matter of logical progression. 

At what point do the attempts at coercion stop? Under what conditions would those persons who are pro-vax accept they'll never convince a large percentage of the population to submit?  Will non-compliance become criminal? What if that still fails to convince  80-100+ million people? Where will they be locked away? Does it become 'comply or die'? How far do we go down this road? 

The current stalemate will not continue forever. Something at some point will break it. Either the courts or upcoming elections will overturn the mandates or the mandates will be enforced as promised. I very much doubt many have given much thought to the negative effects of the latter.

36 minutes ago, KnightofChrist said:

Does it become 'comply or die'?

Lol, no one has to mandate anything for it to be comply or die:

elderly-covid-d91e1c259579952809f124962b

40 minutes ago, KnightofChrist said:

Mandating that unvaccinated persons be fired and banned from society will have real negative effects and result in a profound humanitarian crisis.

The federal government isn't forcing private companies to fire anyone.  Private companies are firing people because its their right to not employ dumb people.  Some cities and states are making actual mandates for their employees and a few groups where it matters most.

Remember when every state mandated kids needed a chicken pox vaccine in order to attend school and everything was fine?  The handful of parents who decided to pull their kids from school over it were loony to begin with.  This is the same thing. 

57 minutes ago, KnightofChrist said:

Mandating that unvaccinated persons be fired and banned from society will have real negative effects and result in a profound humanitarian crisis. It is a matter of logical progression. 

At what point do the attempts at coercion stop? Under what conditions would those persons who are pro-vax accept they'll never convince a large percentage of the population to submit?  Will non-compliance become criminal? What if that still fails to convince  80-100+ million people? Where will they be locked away? Does it become 'comply or die'? How far do we go down this road? 

The current stalemate will not continue forever. Something at some point will break it. Either the courts or upcoming elections will overturn the mandates or the mandates will be enforced as promised. I very much doubt many have given much thought to the negative effects of the latter.

This can only end in an all out civil war. Texas will not vaccinate and secede from the Union.

KnightofChrist
1 minute ago, hakutaku said:

Lol, no one has to mandate anything for it to be comply or die:

elderly-covid-d91e1c259579952809f124962b

How many die when 80-130 million do not have food and shelter?  Again, you have thought of the negative effects of COVID, but not the enforcement of mandates. 

The federal government isn't forcing private companies to fire anyone. 

The Federal Government will fine companies with 100 or more employees $14k per violation of the federal mandate. That will force companies to fire the noncompliant.

Private companies are firing people because its their right to not employ dumb people.  Some cities and states are making actual mandates for their employees and a few groups where it matters most.

Remember when every state mandated kids needed a chicken pox vaccine in order to attend school and everything was fine?  The handful of parents who decided to pull their kids from school over it were loony to begin with.  This is the same thing. 

School while very important is not as important as being able to provide food and shelter. 

The attempts to further dehumanize the unvaccinated will help ensure an humanitarian crisis. 

Are you incapable of thinking of the negative effects of mandates? What do you really think will happen if 80-100 million people suddenly lose their livelihoods? Will you just call them stupid as they suffer? 

7 minutes ago, KnightofChrist said:

Are you incapable of thinking of the negative effects of mandates? What do you really think will happen if 80-100 million people suddenly lose their livelihoods?

Why do you think all 80 million people impacted by the mandate will refuse the vaccine?  (They won't, as we've seen in places that implement a mandate, the vaccination rate jumps to ~95+%).

Are you incapable of thinking of the negative effects of refusing vaccines?  How many lives have already been lost due to foolish self-centered pride?

Oh no!  Now the selfish people are going to have their jobs taken away because of their selfishness!  

sad-upset.gif 

KnightofChrist
8 minutes ago, hakutaku said:

Why do you think all 80 million people impacted by the mandate will refuse the vaccine?  (They won't, as we've seen in places that implement a mandate, the vaccination rate jumps to ~95+%).

I don't believe it will lead to massive starvation and homelessness for 80-130 million people. COVID hasn't killed 25-40 percent of the US population. Again, any thoughts on the impact if you are wrong? What if tens or hundreds of millions still do not comply? Are you so locked into your ideological stand point you cannot think outside your bubble and answer that?

Are you incapable of thinking of the negative effects of refusing vaccines? 

Yes, I have, I do. I've suggested and suggest the vaccine to anyone willing to take it. They however must be willing and should not be forced against their will. Because those that refuse may increase their chances of sickness and death. But there are many voices against these people. This is an attempt to speak of the negative effects of mandates on them as people, persons, who we are commanded to love. 

How many lives have already been lost due to foolish self-centered pride?

Again, you rely heavily on dehumanizing others. You treat them as if they were the virus. Language which historical precedes calls to exterminate such viruses. 

Oh no!  Now the selfish people are going to have their jobs taken away because of their selfishness!  

When they lose their jobs you will mock them. Ok.

Will you do the same when they lose their homes? When the lose the ability to feed themselves? When they suffer and die?

I still hold that you love to question but not answer. You cannot defend a position, you can only attack. That is a weakness. 

sad-upset.gif 

When I was a kid I liked cartoons too. 

If Covid is a valid excuse to remove people's livelihood and membership in society, what will be the next valid excuse?

On account of a common cold, a mild to moderate danger... a person's freedom is thrown out the window.  Very sad indeed.

If Covid was a legitimate threat, you wouldn't have to coherce people into taking the vaccine.

1 hour ago, Didacus said:

If Covid was a legitimate threat, you wouldn't have to coherce people into taking the vaccine.

People refused the smallpox vaccine too.  So smallpox vaccine mandates were issued.  We've now eradicated the entire disease and saved countless lives.

All because we forced the people who were playing for team smallpox to knock it off.

8 hours ago, KnightofChrist said:

Yes, I have, I do. I've suggested and suggest the vaccine to anyone willing to take it. They however must be willing and should not be forced against their will. Because those that refuse may increase their chances of sickness and death.

Again, you rely heavily on dehumanizing others. You treat them as if they were the virus.

You clearly don't.  They aren't the virus itself, but they are playing for team COVID.  Their refusal does not only hurt them, it hurts those they spread the disease to.  It hurts those who need the hospital bed they take up.  Their vaccine refusal imposes a cost to society and a boost to the disease.  That is why society is justified in turning around and imposing a cost on the people supporting a deadly disease.

8 hours ago, KnightofChrist said:

Again, any thoughts on the impact if you are wrong? What if tens or hundreds of millions still do not comply?

If people love COVID so much that they are willing to "lose their homes, ability to feed themselves, suffer and die" rather than fight it, there are a lot of things they can do.  They could simply move to a country without mandates.  I've heard Tanzania is promoting a ginger smoothie instead of the vaccine, I bet they'd love it there.

KnightofChrist
1 hour ago, hakutaku said:

People refused the smallpox vaccine too.  So smallpox vaccine mandates were issued.  We've now eradicated the entire disease and saved countless lives.

All because we forced the people who were playing for team smallpox to knock it off.

Again, doesn't answer what will be done with 25%-40% of the population if they are jobless and homeless.

You clearly don't. 

How so? Based on what little you see of my life from a limited view of a internet forum.  I really do not care if you believe me or not. All I'm interested in is for those that support the mandates, what will be done if the mandates lead to economic and societal collapse. 

They aren't the virus itself, but they are playing for team COVID.  Their refusal does not only hurt them, it hurts those they spread the disease to.  It hurts those who need the hospital bed they take up.  Their vaccine refusal imposes a cost to society and a boost to the disease.  That is why society is justified in turning around and imposing a cost on the people supporting a deadly disease.

Justified even if it leads to massive, unemployment, starvation and homelessness. Nice.

If people love COVID so much that they are willing to "lose their homes, ability to feed themselves, suffer and die" rather than fight it, there are a lot of things they can do.  They could simply move to a country without mandates.  I've heard Tanzania is promoting a ginger smoothie instead of the vaccine, I bet they'd love it there.

So the closest thing you have to an answer to what will be done with 80-130 million people is mass-deportation.

This conversation is going nowhere. You don't really have answers, you got mockery and jokes. 

If anyone else wants to get actual answers, I'll respond further.

29 minutes ago, KnightofChrist said:

So the closest thing you have to an answer to what will be done with 80-130 million people

Wait a sec... I thought we agreed that most of them would comply because that is what has happened with all mandates so far:

11 hours ago, KnightofChrist said:

I don't believe it will lead to massive starvation and homelessness for 80-130 million people.

So I was giving options for the last few % who loved covid so much they would give up home and life for it.

29 minutes ago, KnightofChrist said:

I really do not care if you believe me or not. All I'm interested in is for those that support the mandates, what will be done if the mandates lead to economic and societal collapse.  Again, doesn't answer what will be done with 25%-40% of the population if they are jobless and homeless.

The most obvious answer is that collapse is a loony tunes scenario because not enough people love covid enough to give up their livelihood for it.  For those that do, there are options besides literally dying in the street (e.g. emigration, but also working for small businesses or businesses that do weekly testing).

Edited by hakutaku

31 minutes ago, KnightofChrist said:

This conversation is going nowhere. You don't really have answers, you got mockery and jokes.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.