An Old School Catholic Message Board

Final Solution for 'AntiVaxxers'?

KnightofChrist

1 hour ago, Anomaly said:

I am a manager.   I’ve been hiring people for years.   There is a definite lack of work ethic and it is very hard to find employees.   
We can train you if you can learn.  Five years and you can be making 55 to 70k a year.    Don’t even need a high school diploma.    

It’s unimaginable the losers who can’t be dependable, make an effort to do “okay”, be positive, be willing to learn.  

The mandate is wrong, but it’s sad that stupidity is so entrenched, that it seems like it’s a good idea.   I have employees who aren’t vaccinated.  Almost all give one of these two reasons:

1- The government is not going to tell me what to do. 

2- I’ve been too busy. 

I'm also a manager. It's hard to find employees...when companies don't want to pay. Five years before you make 55k to 70k? Depending on where you live, the job, the circumstances, that might not mean much. What is it starting out at?

My company will get applicants who will flee as soon as they hear the pay or have other companies willing to pay them more. Do I blame them? Not at all! And I know my manager/director friends have the same issues. After all, it's an employee's market right now whether you like it or not.

And calling potential employees losers? Nice. 

Edited by rachael
words

12 hours ago, rachael said:

I'm also a manager. It's hard to find employees...when companies don't want to pay. Five years before you make 55k to 70k? Depending on where you live, the job, the circumstances, that might not mean much. What is it starting out at?

My company will get applicants who will flee as soon as they hear the pay or have other companies willing to pay them more. Do I blame them? Not at all! And I know my manager/director friends have the same issues. After all, it's an employee's market right now whether you like it or not.

And calling potential employees losers? Nice. 

You’re likely a spectacular manager.   So intuitive and quick thinking.  
Seeing how the job doesn’t need a high school diploma, up to 70k after a few years is pretty good anywhere.   
And the losers are current or soon to be ex-employees, not potential.    It’s hard to know attitude and punctuality from an interview.  

Anyway, my real point was the majority of my unvaccinated employees don’t really have a compelling reason, seeing the real impact of Covid in the health system and government response.  
Forced mandates are wrong, but I understand the desire given the widespread stupidity and selfishness.   That does make it hard for others who wish to opt out for real moral or health concerns.  

Contrarian Stupidity doesn’t have a switch that can be forced off.   It takes patience and information to change minds.  

18 minutes ago, Anomaly said:

You’re likely a spectacular manager.   So intuitive and quick thinking.  

I have to be in my profession. Thanks for the compliment. ;)

dominicansoul
17 hours ago, Anomaly said:

The mandate is wrong, but it’s sad that stupidity is so entrenched, that it seems like it’s a good idea.   I have employees who aren’t vaccinated.  Almost all give one of these two reasons:

2- I’ve been too busy. 

Almost all those around me give these two reasons:

1-Vaccines are immoral as they are produced with some unborn baby parts; research was done using aborted babies

2-Vaccines cause bodily harm in the long run

Most of the anti-vaxxers I know use these two reasons, and for that I feel they have a legitimate reason to not be vaxxed.  Surprisingly most of them also recognize the consequences of their decision:  a bout with Covid and even death... 

I try to make them realize that some of the vaccines aren't immoral, but that falls on death ears... it's their decision and I really don't understand why they are being forced, I mean...if the rest of us are vaccinated their decision to not vaccinate shouldn't be a problem, right?  Or perhaps we aren't being told the entire truth of what we have injected into our bodies?  More reason for the anti-vaxxers to be concerned.  

Anyways, they aren't all about pride and stubborness and stupidity...some do have legitimate concerns... 

KnightofChrist
17 hours ago, rachael said:

No, it's not. Not in the way you're probably thinking of it.

There's certainly

1) not a lack of people

Can't agree with you here. The population crisis, declining birth rates, being below replacement levels much of the West faces today is the greatest factor. And do notice how not only did I actually gave you a straight answer your question, I in part agreed. 

2) skills are being mismatched between employers and employees

3) employees have higher expectations - we don't want to be paid $15 for a $20/hr job anymore 

4) many people are leaving those previously filled jobs

5) hiring is awful/terrible/horrible...

https://www.businessinsider.com/why-labor-shortage-mismatches-between-workers-employers-pay-location-fit-2021-9

https://www.businessinsider.com/why-youre-having-trouble-finding-job-employees-labor-shortage-economists-2021-9?op=1

https://www.shrm.org/resourcesandtools/hr-topics/talent-acquisition/pages/labor-shortages-the-disconnect-solutions-unemployment-benefits-childcare-covid-fear.aspx

As a personal anecdote - I've interviewed for about 30+ jobs in the past year in my field. I had one particular one that I interviewed for that offered me a salary of $15/hr...which is way less than half of what I make now in one of the highest cost of living areas of the country. Yet this was deemed to be a higher position. I laughed, declined, and hung up the call. I keep getting contacted by recruiters for similar offers. Just...no. 

I've agree all of that is certainly a factor. Throwing out a large percentage of the workforce will not be help.

No, they don't have to take it against their will. It is still their choice. Potentially sickening others to claim you have your freedoms is selfish. Remember how you had to be vaccinated for school? Did you forget that?

The vaccine or lose your livelihood, is an attempt at forcing them to take the vaccine. It is a form of coercion. It's unchristian. 

I am a manager.   I’ve been hiring people for years.   There is a definite lack of work ethic and it is very hard to find employees.   
We can train you if you can learn.  Five years and you can be making 55 to 70k a year.    Don’t even need a high school diploma.    

It’s unimaginable the losers who can’t be dependable, make an effort to do “okay”, be positive, be willing to learn.  

2- I’ve been too busy. 

I see the same thing and I agree. The young don't want to work even with the promise of good money and benefits. Nor do they want to learn. 

The two reasons I see most for rejecting the vaccine is complete lack of trust in authority and fear of authority which is part of the lack of trust. And despite what is commonly believed, many are not stupid Trump supporting rednecks. I see the strongest opposition from minorities and low income liberals. 

On 11/18/2021 at 9:06 AM, rachael said:

I have to be in my profession. Thanks for the compliment. ;)

I am sixty two and I am pretty sure that my wife could do a brilliant job of explaining how I, Dennis Tate, may be one of the worst "managers" on this third rock!!!  (I have to admit that this could present certain issues as I attempt to begin a career on the Canadian political scene)??????

Worst manager plus Worst Politician in Canada, is not a very good opening gambit to this whole thing I must admit?????

Edited by Dennis Tate
add comment... and relevant link.....

On 11/19/2021 at 4:15 AM, rachael said:

Always getting in my way.

You just gotta kick them and tell them something like "back in my day..." and they'll leave you alone. 

20 hours ago, Ice_nine said:

This might be some advanced AI

I was thinking that, too. Those beaver dam kids and their computer programs. 

KnightofChrist

Australian Army Begins Transferring COVID-Positive Cases, Contacts To Quarantine Camps

BY TYLER DURDEN

TUESDAY, NOV 23, 2021 - 04:44 AM

The Australian army has begun forcibly removing residents in the Northern Territories to the Howard Springs quarantine camp located in Darwin, after nine new Covid-19 cases were identified in the community of Binjari. The move comes after hard lockdowns were instituted in the communities of both Binjari and nearby Rockhole on Saturday night.

"Residents of Binjari and Rockhole no longer have the five reasons to leave their homes," said Northern Territory chief minister, Michael Gunner, referring to the country's five allowable reasons to avoid lockdown (buying food and supplies, exercising for up to two hours, care or caregiving, work or education if it can't be done from home, and to get vaccinated at the nearest possible location).

"They can only leave for medical treatment, in an emergency, or as required by law."

"It's highly likely that more residents will be transferred to Howard Springs today, either as positive cases or close contacts," he continued, adding "We have already identified 38 close contacts from Binjari but that number will go up. Those 38 are being transferred now."

"I contacted the Prime Minister last night. We are grateful for the support of about 20 ADF personnel, as well as army trucks to assist with the transfer of positive cases and close contacts – and to support the communities.

We are doing an assessment today of what extra resources we might need from the Feds, and the Prime Minister is ready to help further – I thank him for that."

Continued...

Source: https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/australian-army-begins-transferring-covid-positive-cases-contacts-quarantine-camps