An Old School Catholic Message Board

Seraphic Adorers of the Child Jesus

teresianspirit

teresianspirit

Another smaller community I wanted to share here:

https://seraphicadorers.com/

"Dedicated in a unique way to the Divine Child Jesus, King of Love, this community does not emphasize external austerity, but interior mortification, which allows the Holy Spirit to transform each heart into the image of the Sacred Heart of the Divine Child Jesus, reflecting the virtues of His Childhood, especially dependency on God our Father, humility, purity, and simplicity. The community strives to give witness to a life that is centered on Jesus in the Eucharist, bound by familial charity, simplicity and joy. The community seeks ways to promote adoration of the Holy Eucharist together with devotion to the Child Jesus among the faithful." -From their website

They are open to a reverent Mass in either form of the Roman Rite, have a Franciscan spirituality, and wear the full habit.

God bless!

If I am not mistaken, all 3 of the nuns wearing full habits in this group are former PCPAs of Hanceville, Mother Angelica's community.  I think this is likely to be true because the habit itself is almost identical to the Hanceville community's habits, except for the color being changed.  

teresianspirit

That would not surprise me. I do not know about the other 2 sisters, but I do know for sure that the Mother Superior was a PCPA. It does appear that they have also received a Postulant though as well.

If they have a postulant, that might be a good sign. It takes a bit for communities to grow and time. Rome as they say wasn't built in a day. Even famous communities like the Sisters of Charity, Sisters of St.Joseph, the Ursulines etc. started out small and slow, and then things turned around and through the Holy Spirit they grew.

I dropped them a note yesterday as they are in my "neck of the woods" :)). I received a lovely note back this morning.

They have 3 professed Sisters and 1 Postulant at present.  They began in 2018 in Marathon in the Diocese of LaCrosse and now have moved to larger quarters in Stevens Point.

If you look at the pictures of Mother Agnes' Perpetual Profession you'll see Fr. Joseph Mary from Hanceville (as well as another Franciscan Friar if I'm not mistaken) were present for the ceremony..