An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Kyle Rittenhouse verdict deforms natural law

Vernon

9 minutes ago, rachael said:

Yea. He guilty, and justice did not prevail here.

And you disagree with the decision of a jury of his peers that he was not guilty on all counts because...  

Never mind, that wasn't the purpose of this thread. It was to discuss the article I linked to. Do you have anything of substance to say about it?

Edited by Vernon

9 minutes ago, Vernon said:

And you disagree with the decision of a jury of his peers that he was not guilty on all counts because...  

because...

I am a grown adult who thinks for myself and realizes that throughout our history, just because a jury of our peers agree on a verdict or a law exists does not mean it is correct.

3 minutes ago, rachael said:

because...

I am a grown adult who thinks for myself and realizes that throughout our history, just because a jury of our peers agree on a verdict or a law exists does not mean it is correct.

You didn't answer the question. 

1 minute ago, rachael said:

I did. Just not the way you wanted me to.

No you didn't. You just spewed your usual "cute" comeback and have no intention of entering into a good-faith discussion. You're just playing games. Too bad the lame board is gone where you could post meaningless one liners to your heart's content. Of course you can and are doing that here, sadly, and for the edification of no one.

3 minutes ago, Vernon said:

No you didn't. You just spewed your usual "cute" comeback and have no intention of entering into a good-faith discussion. You're just playing games. Too bad the lame board is gone where you could post meaningless one liners to your heart's content. Of course you can and are doing that here, sadly, and for the edification of no one.

Feelings hurt? :popcorn: This is a forum where I can post what I what within the confines of the rules of the forum. Don't like it? Don't post. 

Kyle Rittenhouse performing his own form of vigilante justice against others is not 'natural law.' Kyle came from elsewhere with a semi-automatic rifle to protect a dealership - not his property. What do semi-automatic rifles do to a human body? Kill. Kyle Rittenhouse didn't really need to be in the area, much less armed, in the first place. 

And I still answered your question initially. I don't agree with the verdict. The 'natural right' to shoot the heck out of people? Easily abused as a defense, as seen here. 

KnightofChrist

Andrew Coffee IV was also found not guilty of murder when he and his girlfriend were attacked by unjust aggressors. Good for both men. 

Anyway, somehow this thread became derailed. I hope someone might respond to the OP regarding the presumption of the article linked to (of a black Catholic author) that defending property with a gun from rioters is of "white supremacy." 

All you have to do these days is disagree with a leftwinger about ANYTHING and that's what you are, and that's what you will be labeled to be by a corrupt and dishonest press.

dominicansoul

I think the articles posted on the home page are automatically generated and posted there, no one oversees the content.  

i could be wrong but I don’t think so…

1 hour ago, KnightofChrist said:

I don't know how shooting a white pedophile or a white felon is white supremacism. 

I’m sure democrat politicians would have paid for their bonds had they murdered Kyle that night… 

1 minute ago, dominicansoul said:

I think the articles posted on the home page are automatically generated and posted there, no one oversees the content.  

i could be wrong but I don’t think so…

I'm not questioning why that article was linked to. I just am wondering what's up with the Black Catholic magazine and why they seem so much like white liberals.