An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Kyle Rittenhouse verdict deforms natural law

Vernon

23 hours ago, Vernon said:

They are not out to "reform" anything. It is a power grab using race as an excuse.

Well I don't know about all these "woke" white people, but there is a fairly strong argument that black Americans would be justified in forcibly separating ourselves from the US government. Just look at the text of the declaration of independence below. Black Americans have arguably suffered much more abuse under the US government than the English colonies ever did under the British.

https://www.archives.gov/founding-docs/declaration-transcript

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world. . .

On 11/26/2021 at 8:26 AM, Didacus said:

I was told by a friend who is sympathetic to BLM and antifa, that i should not worry about my christian status because if they take over, the 'good' christians will be left alone.

And no... that is NOT a joke.  True story.

Sad world we live in;

Skateboarders live in fear

BLM and antifa could hardly take over one square block in Seattle.

Well I don't know about all these "woke" white people, but there is a fairly strong argument that black Americans would be justified in forcibly separating ourselves from the US government. Just look at the text of the declaration of independence below. 

What would be some examples of laws today that unfairly target black Americans because they are black and how would they be able to form their own country and government?

2 hours ago, Vernon said:

What would be some examples of laws today that unfairly target black Americans because they are black

There are no such laws, as far as I am aware.

and how would they be able to form their own country and government?

The same way that every other group of people do.

8 hours ago, Vernon said:

What would be some examples of laws today that unfairly target black Americans because they are black and how would they be able to form their own country and government?

In recent history Rodney King, Trayvon Martin, George Floyd.  Judged by a fair human rights judiciary it's unlikely they'd be deemed deserving of their fates as they were.

1 hour ago, Mercedes said:

In recent history Rodney King, Trayvon Martin, George Floyd.  Judged by a fair human rights judiciary it's unlikely they'd be deemed deserving of their fates as they were.

So do you think we need oversight from someone outside of our country then? Were you thinking about experts on morality from your own country? Do you kill unborn babies in your country, btw? If so, I think that disqualifies you from preaching about perceived injustices in our country. Note that these rare cases are dug up and blown out of proportion not out of a sense of justice but do advance an agenda. Besides that, facts of these cases are filtered or distorted by a dishonest media. 

Do you kill unborn babies in your country, btw? If so, I think that disqualifies you from preaching about perceived injustices in our country.

What? That's complete nonsense.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tu_quoque

Note that these rare cases are dug up and blown out of proportion not out of a sense of justice but do advance an agenda. Besides that, facts of these cases are filtered or distorted by a dishonest media.

Yeah it's rare that they get caught on tape. And I don't know about blown out of proportion. Watch the tape:

Edited by Peace

Yes I know about Rodney King. How many years ago was that? Do you think this only happens to black people? That's what you're supposed to think anyway. And never mind in almost all cases the police were dealing with people who were resisting arrest, and that we don't get all the facts until after the riots. 

No it's not "nonsense" that I questioned Mercedes who seems to think we are so backwards in the US that we need a team of virtuous people from other countries to help straighten us out. First, she is only seeing the bad and not the good, and the bad she is seeing is taken out of context and distorted by a very leftwing and corrupt media. Second, who is she to suggest that her country is somehow more "civilized" if they also are killing their own unborn babies? But if they are not, then by all means have them come over and teach us to stop this barbaric practice in our country. (I am very aware of the logical fallacy you cited).

23 minutes ago, Vernon said:

Yes I know about Rodney King. How many years ago was that? Do you think this only happens to black people?

I have no time for rhetorical questions. If you have a point, feel free to make it.

That's what you're supposed to think anyway.

I could not care less what I am supposed to think, whether it is by "woke" liberals who see racism everywhere, or blind-conservatives who cannot see it anywhere.

And never mind in almost all cases the police were dealing with people who were resisting arrest, and that we don't get all the facts until after the riots.

You seem to think that police-abuse and racial bias in the criminal justice system is simply a matter of isolated incidents. If you think that, then with all due respect, you are simply not educated on the issue. Race, Crime, and the Law by Randall Kennedy is a fairly balanced book on the topic that you can read if you wish to educate yourself.

No it's not "nonsense" that I questioned Mercedes who seems to think we are so backwards in the US that we need a team of virtuous people from other countries to help straighten us out. First, she is only seeing the bad and not the good, and the bad she is seeing is taken out of context and distorted by a very leftwing and corrupt media. Second, who is she to suggest that her country is somehow more "civilized" if they also are killing their own unborn babies? But if they are not, then by all means have them come over and teach us to stop this barbaric practice in our country. (I am very aware of the logical fallacy you cited).

Whether or not her country is "more civilized" is irrelevant. She has a right to criticize issues injustice that she notices in the USA, just like anyone else.

On 11/28/2021 at 10:02 AM, Vernon said:

The laws frpm what i know are neutral and well intended for all.  The application of the law, well that is up to individuals and there is much to be criticized for sure.

The new talk systemic racism however provides an open-ended potentially endless complaint with regards to race.  The rhetoric of CRT seems not to be fairness or anti-racism but that of retribution and causing harm (or disavantage) to a specific group.  I do not share the belief of this 'theory' nor support their proponents in the least.

On 11/21/2021 at 5:05 PM, rachael said:

Yea. He guilty, and justice did not prevail here.

I advise that you not chase armed people who extinguish a dumpster fire you set.

Won't work out for you.

8 minutes ago, Winchester said:

I advise that you not chase armed people who extinguish a dumpster fire you set.

Won't work out for you.

Good medical advice right there I tells ya!

On 11/25/2021 at 4:40 AM, rachael said:

Fair, but was he entitled to actually serve?

I did check, and some others. The owners of the dealership said themselves that they did not ask Kyle to come and protect: https://www.fox6now.com/news/kyle-rittenhouse-trial-car-dealership-march

Defending life and property isn't a privilege issued by the state. It's a human right. The cops, as usual, weren't preventing the destruction of property. It was up to the people.

They really wouldn't have to, since rioters are a threat to the general area, not merely one business, but there are people who claim otherwise, and since the people who attacked Rittenhouse were rendered hors de combat, the idiotic court system can hold the property owners liable since they didn't pay a bunch of money to people with government permission slips to engage in property protection that the police (who are paid with money extorted from the people with the false claim that they will then protect them) were skipping out on. So it's unclear who is telling the truth, but that's a stupid ass objection, since rioters were committing arson, and fire has a tendency to get out of hand when the fire department is in civil unrest response mode.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/21/2021 at 5:18 PM, Vernon said:

This article was linked to in the front page of Phatmass:

https://www.blackcatholicmessenger.com/rittenhouse-verdict-natural-law/

I don't see any difference between the author and of the haters in the liberal leftwing media who see racism behind every tree. He presumes "white supremacy" without even making a case for it.

Jesus asked an important question that is related to all this.....

"And he saith to them: Is it lawful to do good on the sabbath days, or to do evil? to save life, or to destroy? But they held their peace."
[Mark 3:4]

"Then Jesus said to them: I ask you, if it be lawful on the sabbath days to do good, or to do evil; to save life, or to destroy?"
[Luke 6:9]

It seems obvious that he was referring to the time when Greco - Syrian armies would attack Jews on the Sabbath.....

http://www.drbo.org/chapter/45002.htm

And they determined in that day, saying: Whosoever shall come up against us to fight on the sabbath day, we will fight against him: and we will not all die, as our brethren that were slain in the secret places. [42] Then was assembled to them the congregation of the Assideans, the stoutest of Israel, every one that had a good will for the law. [43] And all they that fled from the evils, joined themselves to them, and were a support to them. [44] And they gathered an army, and slew the sinners in their wrath, and the wicked men in their indignation: and the rest fled to the nations for safety. [45] And Mathathias and his friends went round about, and they threw down the altars:

It seems rather obvious that a Christian or Messianic Jew or a Jew is free to take a job as a policeman or soldier and even on the Sabbath... .they are free to take a life in defence of somebody who cannot defend themselves.......

The commandment should be translated... "thou shalt do no murder" and murder is actually different than simply taking a life......  for an ethical reason such as defence of others...... or even if a policeman were to take a life in self defence.....