An Old School Catholic Message Board

Michigan shooters parents to be charged with manslaughter

Mercedes

1 hour ago, Anomaly said:

The US has had those laws for decades, yet still.    Like gun laws, child fences don’t work.    Private pools should be outlawed.   

What is wrong with devising stricter legislation to make it safer for children?  In the most recent statistic I found "In the last year (2016-17), not one child drowned in a pool that had a compliant pool fence with the gate latched"  Here

15 hours ago, Mercedes said:

What is 'pre-crime'?  Is it a real term?  I understand crime prevention.  Do you reject policy designed to prevent crime?

I do when that policy involves initiating violence.

6 hours ago, Winchester said:

I do when that policy involves initiating violence.

What do you mean by saying 'initiating violence'?  

20 hours ago, Mercedes said:

What is wrong with devising stricter legislation to make it safer for children?  In the most recent statistic I found "In the last year (2016-17), not one child drowned in a pool that had a compliant pool fence with the gate latched"  Here

Great point.   Consider that a child is 8 times more likely to drown, why aren’t you pro-lifing  for pool safety?    
Who needs a pool for safety, hunting, or protection?   Pools are a waste of water, a toy for the excessively wealthy, and can’t possibly be construed to be a right…

2 hours ago, Mercedes said:

What do you mean by saying 'initiating violence'?  

How do they enforce prohibitions where you live? Here, there are men with weapons, and if you have a prohibited item, they use violence against you.

Haven't read the thread but think charging parents for children's crimes is a great idea. Crime would drop a good 20% here in Chicago if they'd do that. 

KnightofChrist
23 hours ago, Didacus said:

Has anyone been keepimg track of the Maxwell trials at all?

Largely ignored by most media outlets. 

On 12/10/2021 at 11:53 AM, Ash Wednesday said:

Just a reminder to be civil and please refrain from personal attacks and name calling. Thank you.

Sorry, your post explaining the rule isn't appearing for some reason.

Maybe it's because I'm a demonic fringe lunatic.

Ash Wednesday
24 minutes ago, Winchester said:

Sorry, your post explaining the rule isn't appearing for some reason.

Maybe it's because I'm a demonic fringe lunatic.

I did and that warning applied to everyone, but then I had to scrub the thread to keep things on topic because it was turning into a needless dumpster fire. Nobody is really getting the drift, so I'm done.

Someone else can feel free to take the hammer because I don't have time for this and I am done with it. Have a nice life y'all.

spongebob.jpg

On 12/10/2021 at 9:53 PM, Lilllabettt said:

Haven't read the thread but think charging parents for children's crimes is a great idea. Crime would drop a good 20% here in Chicago if they'd do that. 

That's assuming that the kids' parents are still around...

On 12/10/2021 at 9:53 PM, Lilllabettt said:

Doubtful.

On 12/10/2021 at 1:29 PM, Didacus said:

Has anyone been keepimg track of the Maxwell trials at all?

epstein didn't commit suicide

hang-lights.jpg

On 12/10/2021 at 10:53 PM, Lilllabettt said:

the parents are guilty. if true!

The charges to James and Jennifer Crumbley come after it was revealed the handgun Ethan Crumbley is accused of using in the shooting Tuesday, a 9mm Sig Sauer SP 2022 pistol, was purchased four days earlier on Black Friday by James Crumbley.