An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Franciscan Association of Divine Mercy

lanpingpug

teresianspirit

"Canonical status of this work

I Sister Mary Veronica have the support of His Excellency, Bishop William P. Callahan, O.F.M. Conv., to try to begin this three-part community in his Diocese of La Crosse. I have the use of a former rectory where women can come, live and discern a call to either the contemplative aspect or the second aspect as an "active" religious sister.

At this time we have no official Church approval of this work. 

In order to get private approval of this work by Bishop Callahan there will have to be at least two other women who have lived with me for a reasonable amount of time discerning the contemplative aspect and written statutes approved by the Bishop. The next step would be public approval by Bishop Callahan which will require only three total contemplatives but a longer space of time for His Excellency's further discernment of this charism and its authenticity. The contemplative aspect must go through the recognition process first because it is the first aspect or Mother source of all three aspects. Then the others may follow. 

In all things regarding all the aspects I Sister Mary Veronica have every intention to be obedient to the Holy Roman Catholic Church and to seek approval first as a private association of the faithful, then as a public association and ultimately as a papally-approved congregation. If God wills this, it will be. God reward you for your prayers for this intention."

-from the website

No, nothing wrong with your posting. I have seen the website, and there are two other women, so that makes three.  Communities can't grow unless someone puts them out there for the public to see.If they or another group hides under a bush, no one will know they exist. And if folks don't know about them, then they can't grow.

teresianspirit

I realized after posting that your second link was their becoming a private association of the faithful. And I didn't mean to imply it is non-approved! Just so people were aware of their canonical status (which they were very transparent about)

• 3 weeks later...

I am happy, happy, happy to read that this new community will work with therapy animals! May many blessings be bestowed upon them, and their good work!