An Old School Catholic Message Board

Omicron targeting children

Mercedes

Buddy of mine just getting over Omicron; he has never lost smell, but with headaches and weakness, appetite was gone for about the first 3 days.

He started taking the Vitamin/Quercetin regimen about 1.5 days in, and by day 4 was out jogging again. But he is taking vit D from Canada Drugs daily.

He still tested positive yesterday - 6 days in.

• 2 weeks later...
Anastasia13
On 3/16/2022 at 6:50 AM, KevinM said:

Buddy of mine just getting over Omicron; he has never lost smell, but with headaches and weakness, appetite was gone for about the first 3 days.

He started taking the Vitamin/Quercetin regimen about 1.5 days in, and by day 4 was out jogging again. But he is taking vit D from Canada Drugs daily.

He still tested positive yesterday - 6 days in.

PCR can test positive for up to three months. Rapid test may be negative as active virus goes down. A nurse screening I had included symptom check and 21 days since first coming down with it to go in for a test I did.

On 1/4/2022 at 5:36 PM, chrysostom said:

Aside from the study, which is helpful since it distinguishes between hospitalized for COVID symptoms and those who merely test positive while in hospital for something else, the most recent data simply does not make that distinction. They simply neglect to mention it in some articles, but say it in others.

That's a massive distinction. To neglect to make that distinction is a kind of lie.

It also remains - still - that more kids get sick and die from the seasonal flu than COVID. I fully expect the same breadth and amount of reportage on that from the state health departments and the news when the flu returns.

This is not to minimize or count as nothing the fact that yes, kids do get sick and some get seriously sick from COVID. That's a tragedy.

And again - perhaps slightly wider than the topic of COVID in children - but here is the ICU bed usage in the state of Illinois.

That's a graph which results from testing everyone in hospital and simply taking whoever is on the blue line and transferring them to the red line if they test positive.

Obviously there is not complete overlap. Many people are obviously in hospital for COVID symptoms. But the proportion of that which reflects actual COVID hospitalizations is less than the baseline numbers of "hospitalizations" and "ICUs".

image.thumb.png.b48b3d0e2fad6fed51ebdd7b91566c71.png

From the health services director of Los Angeles, Christina Ghaly:

https://www.foxla.com/news/covid-19-hospitalizations-surge-past-2000-mark-in-la-county-hospitals (the original LA times article is behind a paywall so you get off-brand Fox.)

A little late, but the other clarification I wish we considered in Covid data is:

Hospitalized not for Covid itself and testing positive but having a condition worsened by Covid.

We need a clearer breakdown than we have gotten in some of these months, but as Covid affects other conditions can go from under control to out of control because of the infection, and as much as we can get data on that, I think it would give us a clearer picture of how Covid affects people and what the situations actually are. If we put more of the raw data out there, more scientists and researchers might have/have had better data to help save lives.

People are still fearmongering about this poo? Isn’t there a new variant that cnn is getting people hyped for?