An Old School Catholic Message Board

Would a Basic Minimum Income dramatically reduce abortions?

Dennis Tate

Would a Basic Minimum Income dramatically reduce abortions?  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Will women who are involved in real estate and in the financial industry revolutionize the world economy????

Will a massive boom in real estate prices, (especially in more rural Canada and America), save the Canadian, USA and world economy from another 1929, a Bear Market?????

This is an extremely important idea as 2022 approaches so I need to give you the logic for this from spirituality. Basically...... the energy both from the light as well as from the darkness is increasing which could make city life more and more dangerous over the coming decades and centuries which would tend to lead to exactly what the gifted Pastor David Wilkerson was shown in 1973. The introduction of a Basic Minimum Income supplement to all citizens and legal residents would also tend to lead to an Exodus of sorts from urban life for a significant percentage of us Canadians and Americans.

"There will be a sudden rush to buy farms, ranches, and homes in the country.  Thousands will attempt to flee from cities, hoping that a return to the land and nature will provide security. There will be a growing urge to "get away from itall"---and much money will be invested in land and acreage in rural areas by people who have secret dreams of raising their own food and cattle and of becoming self-supporting. The price of open rural land will continue to soar.  Acreage within 100 miles of most major cities will skyrocket out of reach to all but syndicates." (David Wilkerson, The Vision, page 18,19).

I have written this up in a way that could increase cooperation between many in the pro-life movement with those in the political left who believe a BMI is the only way to respond to Artificial Intelligence and robotics taking over more and more in the world economy!

"Would a Basic Minimum Income dramatically reduce abortions?"

In 2016, approximately 20.3% of all Canadian pregnancies (excluding spontaneous miscarriages) ended in abortion. This is down from 20.4% in 2015, 20.6% in 2014, and 21.1% in 2013.*

I am thinking that the answer to this question is yes!

Canadian Abortion Statistics
Facts and figures relating to the frequency of abortion in Canada.

In 2016, approximately 20.3% of all Canadian pregnancies (excluding spontaneous miscarriages) ended in abortion. This is down from 20.4% in 2015, 20.6% in 2014, and 21.1% in 2013.*

Five hundred dollars per Canadian per month, can this work?

I am advocating the usage of the Bank of Canada that is owned by all Canadians to finance giving five hundred dollars per month to all thirty seven million Canadians.

It will of course mean much more to poorer Canadians than to millionaires........
but it could be surprising how many stay at home wives with cheap and stingy millionaire husbands who control the purse strings of the home may find this extra five hundred very helpful indeed.

I suspect that well over eighty percent of of Canadians will spend this money reasonably well and:
1. enrol their kids in more after school programs.....
2. begin to purchase a higher percentage of organic produce vs the cheap GMO stuff
3. purchase a newer car, SUV or half ton truck
4. do renovations to their homes
5. hire landscapers to do certain projects on their properties
6. pay down their debt loads, especially the higher interest ones
7. buy a new home rather than renting
8. buy a cottage outside the city so that they can get away for weekends
9. many will choose to move to rural Canada in order to escape relatively hectic city life
10. eat at nice restaurants more often

11. I also believe that a significant percentage of Canadian women who would have chosen to have an abortion under the present economic situation will CHOOSE to keep their babies as opposed to having an abortion!

I suspect that less than ten percent of Canadians will attempt to live off this five hundred dollars / month and simply use it to drink or smoke more.
To whatever degree this happens the worst cases where these Canadians put themselves and others in danger this can be dealt with by issuing food stamps vs a monthly check.

Edited by Dennis Tate
spacing in quotation....

In a way what I am suggesting is technically AN EXPANSION OF A WOMAN'S RIGHT TO CHOOSE.... as well as a way to decrease the economic pressure that has been put on women in an attempt to pressure them toward choosing having an abortion over bringing their babies to full term and giving their babies a chance to live. The present economic situation is neoMalthusian and can be traced back several centuries to Malthusian Catastrophe Theory. Basically.... English aristocrats with an interest in the environment want to put pressure on average people to abort their children because they regard us DEPLORABLES as a threat to the environment!

Technically...... I plead guilty..... my ancestors and relatives all across Canada and the USA were probably somewhat guilty in the extinction of the passenger pigeons through trapping, shooting, frying, boiling and barbecuing! If we can take responsibility for at least a part of a problem..... .we are then empowered to address the problem!!!!

Why the Passenger Pigeon Went ExtinctAnd whether it can, and should, be brought back to life a century after it disappeared.

In May 1850, a 20-year-old Potawatomi tribal leader named Simon Pokagon was camping at the headwaters of Michigan’s Manistee River during trapping season when a far-off gurgling sound startled him. It seemed as if “an army of horses laden with sleigh bells was advancing through the deep forests towards me,” he later wrote. “As I listened more intently, I concluded that instead of the tramping of horses it was distant thunder; and yet the morning was clear, calm, and beautiful.” The mysterious sound came “nearer and nearer,” until Pokagon deduced its source: “While I gazed in wonder and astonishment, I beheld moving toward me in an unbroken front millions of pigeons, the first I had seen that season.”

Edited by Dennis Tate
add link to relevant article....

3 hours ago, Dennis Tate said:

Will women who are involved in real estate and in the financial industry revolutionize the world economy????

Will a massive boom in real estate prices, (especially in more rural Canada and America), save the Canadian, USA and world economy from another 1929, a Bear Market?????

This is an extremely important idea as 2022 approaches so I need to give you the logic for this from spirituality. Basically...... the energy both from the light as well as from the darkness is increasing which could make city life more and more dangerous over the coming decades and centuries which would tend to lead to exactly what the gifted Pastor David Wilkerson was shown in 1973. The introduction of a Basic Minimum Income supplement to all citizens and legal residents would also tend to lead to an Exodus of sorts from urban life for a significant percentage of us Canadians and Americans.

I have written this up in a way that could increase cooperation between many in the pro-life movement with those in the political left who believe a BMI is the only way to respond to Artificial Intelligence and robotics taking over more and more in the world economy!

"Would a Basic Minimum Income dramatically reduce abortions?"

I am thinking that the answer to this question is yes!

Canadian Abortion Statistics
Facts and figures relating to the frequency of abortion in Canada.

Five hundred dollars per Canadian per month, can this work?

I am advocating the usage of the Bank of Canada that is owned by all Canadians to finance giving five hundred dollars per month to all thirty seven million Canadians.

It will of course mean much more to poorer Canadians than to millionaires........
but it could be surprising how many stay at home wives with cheap and stingy millionaire husbands who control the purse strings of the home may find this extra five hundred very helpful indeed.

I suspect that well over eighty percent of of Canadians will spend this money reasonably well and:
1. enrol their kids in more after school programs.....
2. begin to purchase a higher percentage of organic produce vs the cheap GMO stuff
3. purchase a newer car, SUV or half ton truck
4. do renovations to their homes
5. hire landscapers to do certain projects on their properties
6. pay down their debt loads, especially the higher interest ones
7. buy a new home rather than renting
8. buy a cottage outside the city so that they can get away for weekends
9. many will choose to move to rural Canada in order to escape relatively hectic city life
10. eat at nice restaurants more often

11. I also believe that a significant percentage of Canadian women who would have chosen to have an abortion under the present economic situation will CHOOSE to keep their babies as opposed to having an abortion!

I suspect that less than ten percent of Canadians will attempt to live off this five hundred dollars / month and simply use it to drink or smoke more.
To whatever degree this happens the worst cases where these Canadians put themselves and others in danger this can be dealt with by issuing food stamps vs a monthly check.

Nobody cares about your question because you are advocating for the legalization of abortion. This isn’t the place for that.

Outlawing legalized abortion and implementing UBI as a means for women to support their children is something that’s worth discussing.

Implementing UBI as a justification for the continued legalization of a woman’s right to kill her unborn child, as you appear to do here, is a non-starter.

Have a nice day.

16 minutes ago, Peace said:

Nobody cares about your question because you are advocating for the legalization of abortion. This isn’t the place for that.

Outlawing legalized abortion and implementing UBI as a means for women to support their children is something that’s worth discussing.

Implementing UBI as a justification for the continued legalization of a woman’s right to kill her unborn child, as you appear to do here, is a non-starter.

Have a nice day.

Actually....  I did attempt to campaign on a proposed piece of legislation for here in Canada with the wording..... "A ban on intra-cardiac potassium chloride injections on singletons"....... but my campaign did not get off the ground partly due to pro-life people thinking that they had me psychologically profiled and knew what I was planning for the long term..........  based on the fact that what I was proposing for the short term was imperfect.  

All of us humans have a tendency to think that we can read the minds of others based on our own thoughts.... .or on the thoughts and actions of family members and friends of ours whose thoughts and words affected us at important times in our lives.

I would love to see zero abortions.....

but because I actually campaigned for public office in the past I had to ask myself what planet I lived on and what piece of legislation might actually be passed in Ottawa or Halifax, Nova Scotia?????

The wording for that proposed piece of legislation was given to me by a brilliant pro-life woman from Ontario who felt that the lives of several dozen third trimester unborn Canadians might just be saved by that bill........  Her logic sounded very good to me.  She gave it to me on one of the CHP / Christian Heritage Party discussions forums.....

Edited by Dennis Tate
add a comment for clarity,.....

WOW.... but this is an interesting response to this from MeWe groups!!!!!

"If a Woman gets pregnant and does not want the Child, give her an option to have all her Health Care needs, Drug Free, Food and Wellness issues paid for by the Country as long as she carries to Term and has a live birth. The Child must then be surrendered to the State and made available for Adoption ONLY to loving Couples who either can not have a Child or just want to add to their Families. The Abortion industry then will die off and the Population of the Country will grow enough in 20 years to eliminate illegal migrants." (B.F.)

This idea is actually kind of brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually....  I believe that mom should be given the option within a month of the birth to keep her baby.......... even the father could change his mind by that time as well.......  the opinion of all four grandparents would be interesting as well... .not to mention the opinion of the aunts and uncles and extended family of that baby.........

Edited by Dennis Tate
add comment....

Credo in Deum

Another way to make the population grow is to just outlaw all abortions. 

I know everyone thinks that’s unrealistic but history has shown that it isn’t since societies lived for a while with no abortion “rights”.  One obstacle to outlawing all abortions is the pro-life’s attitude to seek compromise with those who want to murder unborn children.  Maybe it’s the pro-choices attitude of no compromise is what’s gotten them to their current status?

You can try to make the incentives as nice as you want, some women don’t want the pain of child birth for any amount of compensation. 

4 hours ago, Credo in Deum said:

Another way to make the population grow is to just outlaw all abortions. 

I know everyone thinks that’s unrealistic but history has shown that it isn’t since societies lived for a while with no abortion “rights”.  One obstacle to outlawing all abortions is the pro-life’s attitude to seek compromise with those who want to murder unborn children.  Maybe it’s the pro-choices attitude of no compromise is what’s gotten them to their current status?

You can try to make the incentives as nice as you want, some women don’t want the pain of child birth for any amount of compensation. 

Those are all good points.....

I personally do think that this question should be viewed a bit like the allies winning WWII....... The USA, Britain, France, Russia, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and all nations that Germany had invaded had to turn this into a multi-front war...... and even the Resistance groups in occupied nations played a critical role in Germany, Japan and Italy finally being defeated.  

A Basic Minimum Income would have no effect whatsoever on the number of abortions performed in the US. It would be a pointless expenditure of taxpayer dollars. 

It might or might not, as there are various factors that lead to abortion and determining a basic minimum income. For example, the latter might be based on a family of four: one working adult, another caring for the family and/or working part time, and two dependents. In other countries, a family of five is considered. The former, in turn, might be seen in light of availability of artificial contraception, preferences for careers, etc., over family, and so on. There are even more factors to consider, like buying trends (which might not be covered by a basic income), financial education (lack of which might lead to overspending), and so on.

Credo in Deum

“Modern prophets say that our economics have failed us. No! It is not our economics which have failed; it is man who has failed-man who has forgotten God. Hence no manner of economic or political readjustment can possibly save our civilization; we can be saved only by a renovation of the inner man, only by a purging of our hearts and souls; for only by seeking first the Kingdom of God and His Justice will all these other things be added unto us.”—Ven Archbishop Fulton Sheen

10 hours ago, ralfy said:

It might or might not, as there are various factors that lead to abortion and determining a basic minimum income. For example, the latter might be based on a family of four: one working adult, another caring for the family and/or working part time, and two dependents. In other countries, a family of five is considered. The former, in turn, might be seen in light of availability of artificial contraception, preferences for careers, etc., over family, and so on. There are even more factors to consider, like buying trends (which might not be covered by a basic income), financial education (lack of which might lead to overspending), and so on.

Might, might, might, might. I do not want to spend tax money on "might." I want to know what taxpayers are getting for the money the government takes  from their wages. 

Some people would use the money to raise their children. Some people would use the money for abortions. Some people would buy hair extensions. Some people would buy recreational marijuana. 

It would be a wash - equal amounts of good and bad spending (and I'm being optimistic here - my true expectation is that most of a BMI would be wasted). I cannot support wasting tax dollars on a proposal that would have no clear benefit to the nation or its people. 

BMI would further entrench the US as a bunch of coddled babies.    The reason the US has an immigration problem is because if you want to work to get ahead, comparatively, there is no better option than coming here. 
As most of my extended family are from other continents, or first or second generation Americans, I think we have a pretty open perspective.  The US isn’t perfect, but it sux less than where we came from.  
It’s ludicrous to support BMI here.  We should be enabling other countries to develop their own economies and governments, but that doesn’t play for US political powers that fight about how to fix the US.  

11 hours ago, Luigi said:

Might, might, might, might. I do not want to spend tax money on "might." I want to know what taxpayers are getting for the money the government takes  from their wages. 

Some people would use the money to raise their children. Some people would use the money for abortions. Some people would buy hair extensions. Some people would buy recreational marijuana. 

It would be a wash - equal amounts of good and bad spending (and I'm being optimistic here - my true expectation is that most of a BMI would be wasted). I cannot support wasting tax dollars on a proposal that would have no clear benefit to the nation or its people. 

That's dependent on the factors I gave.

Edited by ralfy

Stupid survey

unless your physically or me truly disabled in some way handing out minimum basic income for outright laziness is a dangerous  soul sucking idea