An Old School Catholic Message Board

Women's Retreat

profer_lumen_cæcis

profer_lumen_cæcis

+JMJ+

Blessed Epiphany! What a year it's been. I am in desperate need of and am hopeful to spend a few days to a week in retreat (preferably silent) but am at a loss of where to do so. Are any of you familiar with traditionally-leaning women's retreat houses or options where one could attend Latin Mass?

Thank you in advance for any input/advice!

benedictaaugustine
10 hours ago, Vernon said:

A retreat is a great idea but I don't think there is such a thing as a silent women's retreat.

Was this supposed to be some type of sexist joke, or do you genuinely not have any knowledge of that? I want to give you the benefit of the doubt, because surely you wouldn’t have purposefully made such an unchristian remark.

yes there are plenty of silent ignatian retreats for women. Do I know of any near or sponsored by Latin mass communities? No sorry. You should reach out to your local parish to get some info or contact local women’s communities to see if they host any!

benedictaaugustine
44 minutes ago, Vernon said:

It was a joke. Some women would find it funny, just as I would find it funny if a joke were against men. 

Perhaps amid friends, and amid women you know would like it.

It’s weird to post a rude joke on a Catholic forum to random internet women in response to a serious question. Just weird. 

23 minutes ago, benedictaaugustine said:

Perhaps amid friends, and amid women you know would like it.

It’s weird to post a rude joke on a Catholic forum to random internet women in response to a serious question. Just weird. 

Thank you for your rebuke. I will be sure to discuss this with my pastor. As a penance, I will be reading more articles like the following so I can understand why women  talk so much.

https://gladieuxconsulting.com/why-do-women-talk-so-much/

profer_lumen_cæcis

+JMJ+

Well, not quite the direction I saw this thread going...but the humor is appreciated all the same :hehe2:

"A joyful mind maketh age flourishing: a sorrowful spirit drieth up bones." Proverbs 17,22