An Old School Catholic Message Board

Help Please re phatmass

BarbTherese

I would be very grateful if a member might be able to give me a link to the thread I started years ago in Open Mic: PRIVATE VOWS & SPIRITUALITY.  I am not in good physical shape right now and am now 76 yoa.  I have tried to find the thread, but  it is a fair while since I have posted into it. I cant remember how to find these things on pham and have been through much mental, emotional, spiritual and physical in the past couple of months and it takes a while for a gal of 76 yoa TO GET HERSELF TOGETHER AGAIN, GOD WILLING.

It is heavy going and risky on every level going out there when Laity really gets boots into the muck and mire throwing oneself right into it for Jesus and His Gospel and as they know their own vocation and unique call actually is.  A call to every Catholic for sure....in some form or other "Go ye into the WHOLE WORLD and preach the Gospel to every  creature.  He that believes and is baptised shall be SAVED.  He (or she in ALL INSTANCES of course is implied" - commitment to that mandate draws much Actual and Sanctifying Graces including a thirst for souls.

Are we, The Church as lived out 'on the ground'today, far too parochial - or are we missionary?