An Old School Catholic Message Board

Seeking my vocation

totus.tuus

How is your Polish?  The priests there tend to be more orthodox than in western Europe.  Plus, from my observation, the people who attend the Polish Novus Ordo Mass at my parish can give the TLM crowd a "run for their money" when it comes to devoutness.

Would you please explain how you came to the conclusion that people in the east have more faith than those in west?  Is it because their liturgical expression/s have more "smells and bells", iconography, etc.? I think that's a huge assumption on your part.

But then you  also say,  "I believe that the religious life in Europe is going downwards and needs to be renewed." and "I made already a few experiences in Europe in various religious orders, and what i found is lack of prayer, lack of penance,  too much eating, drinking, watching TV or movies (i don't want to watch at all), refusal of some of the doctrines of the Catholic Church. Some call it lukewarmness or watered down Catholicism. 

So....this makes no sense to. me.  You say one thing in one post yet contradict yourself in another.

Please explain.

On 1/29/2022 at 6:01 PM, Nunsuch said:

Even cloistered religious are meant to be knowledgeable about and engaged with the world so they can pray for its needs. Religious life is not solely for the one under vows, but in service of the church and the world (and, of course, God--who is anything *but* isolated from worldly things!).

Religious life is not an escape from reality, but a deeper engagement with it.

I already know this. What i mean with the spirit of the world is seeking pleasures, and contempt of God and his commandments.

On 1/29/2022 at 8:05 PM, Norseman82 said:

How is your Polish?  The priests there tend to be more orthodox than in western Europe.  Plus, from my observation, the people who attend the Polish Novus Ordo Mass at my parish can give the TLM crowd a "run for their money" when it comes to devoutness.

Apart from a few words, i don't know anything in polish.

I like a few polish saints :)

14 hours ago, Feankie said:

Would you please explain how you came to the conclusion that people in the east have more faith than those in west?  Is it because their liturgical expression/s have more "smells and bells", iconography, etc.? I think that's a huge assumption on your part.

But then you  also say,  "I believe that the religious life in Europe is going downwards and needs to be renewed." and "I made already a few experiences in Europe in various religious orders, and what i found is lack of prayer, lack of penance,  too much eating, drinking, watching TV or movies (i don't want to watch at all), refusal of some of the doctrines of the Catholic Church. Some call it lukewarmness or watered down Catholicism. 

So....this makes no sense to. me.  You say one thing in one post yet contradict yourself in another.

Please explain.

Sorry, is a defect of my vocabulary. What i meant with Europe is Occident. What i saw is that people at Mass are not kneeling anymore, rushed prayers, no singing, bad preaches, even swearing in the Church near the tabernacle. I hope this is not the case everywhere.

Also, the Blessed Virgin Mary told at Medjugorje that the West has made progress, but without God.