An Old School Catholic Message Board

2022 Entrances, Vows and Ordinations

Pax17

Sister Mary Agnes made her first vows as a Daughter of the Virgin Mother in Charlotte NC yesterday. If you look on the St Joseph College Seminary facebook page you can see the lovely photos. Deo gratias!  

I have been advised by the Bishop that I will be ordained to the permanent diaconate on Oct 1, 2022.

Please pray for my family, my brothers to be ordained with me, for our diocese, and for me.

Thank you!

Francis Coffee

Franciscan Sisters Welcome Postulant from Austin, Texas

https://fscc-calledtobe.org/2022/08/18/franciscan-sisters-welcome-postulant-from-austin-texas/

On August 16, 2022 Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity welcomed Michelle Ozuna from St. Paul Catholic Church, Austin, Texas to begin her journey as a Postulant in our Community. We share the simple ritual that was prayed as she walked for the first time through the door of the Portiuncula, the living space of those in Initial Formation in our Motherhouse. In the photo Michelle is now pictured in her Postulant habit.

We sense this is a discerning time for many.... God is calling and we are inviting.

St.JosephsRose

4 Solemn Professions, 4 First Vows, and 7 Investitures at the Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles! Deo Gratias!

On 8/27/2022 at 1:25 PM, catholicamama said:

That is wonderful, even if half stay, to see so many open to explore their longing and what is God's call. I do believe even before others wrote about it or explored it on TV, the younger nuns make it easier to go to see, makes it less scary to see peers on the journey, not yours but their journey with God. That's why the lessening of young Catholic groups in many areas hurts teens and young adults because they get sucked into the world in a way that makes them "odd" if they want to explore religious life.

I find it heartwarming also to see women join an older order, they will say it's different but they felt a call there despite the lack of women their age. I do feel though that even that one younger sister will help another feel more welcome. Age isn't the heart of your vocation but many sisters will say the young nuns they saw on a pro life walk or retreat helped them feel less scared.

Many blessings to them all.