An Old School Catholic Message Board

Is Canada ready for an "Anybody but Trudeau movement?"

Dennis Tate

Is Canada ready for an "Anybody but Trudeau Movement?"  

4 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 9/14/2022 at 12:01 PM, Didacus said:

It is true the c0vid vaccine mandates, even in Canada, are outside the textual Nuremberg code.  Gowever, the mandates are contrary to the conclusion of the Nuremberg codes and the intent therein, which states (I am paraphrasing here), that the rights of the individual to refuse medical procedures shall not be infringed upon EVEN if there is a perceived benefit to society as a whole.

I agree woth the Nuremberg conclusion... the state has NO RIGHT to impose on its citizens/individuals a vaccine mandate even if the state sees a benefit to society.

Well said.... but we all did learn a lot about how compliant we tend to be as a group.  This proves to us that some influential people noticed The Stanley Milgram Ph. D. research and are using those tendencies against ordinary citizens.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment

The Milgram experiment(s) on obedience to authority figures were a series of social psychology experiments conducted by Yale University psychologist Stanley Milgram. They measured the willingness of study participants, men in the age range of 20 to 50 from a diverse range of occupations with varying levels of education, to obey an authority figure who instructed them to perform acts conflicting with their personal conscience. Participants were led to believe that they were assisting an unrelated experiment, in which they had to administer electric shocks to a "learner". These fake electric shocks gradually increased to levels that would have been fatal had they been real.[2]

The experiment found, unexpectedly, that a very high proportion of subjects would fully obey the instructions, albeit reluctantly. Milgram first described his research in a 1963 article in the Journal of Abnormal and Social Psychology[1]and later discussed his findings in greater depth in his 1974 book, Obedience to Authority: An Experimental View.[3]

The experiments began on August 7, 1961 [4] (after the grant proposal was approved in July), in the basement of Linsly-Chittenden Hall at Yale University,[5] three months after the start of the trial of German Nazi war criminal Adolf Eichmann in Jerusalem. Milgram devised his psychological study to explain the psychology of genocide and answer the popular contemporary question: "Could it be that Eichmann and his million accomplices in the Holocaust were just following orders? Could we call them all accomplices?"[6] The experiment was repeated many times around the globe, with fairly consistent results.

• 4 weeks later...

Peer pressure is indeed a powerful force.  It is greater than the fear of death.

My father in law smoked 2 packs a day for decades, doctors told him it was a choice of quitting or dying for years but he kept smoking all the same.

One day a doctor told him he would need to carry around an oxygen bottle to help him... due to the embarrassment he perceived he quite smoking!

Perpetual fear of death was insufficient for him to quit, fear of embarrassment (peer pressure of sort), only needed one try to have him quit.

Edited by Didacus

20 minutes ago, Didacus said:

Peer pressure is indeed a powerful force.  It is greater than the fear of death.

My father in law smoked 2 packs a day for decades, doctors told him it was a choice of quitting or dying for years but he kept smoking all the same.

One day a doctor told him he would need to carry around an oxygen bottle to help him... due to the embarrassment he perceived he quite smoking!

Perpetual fear of death was insufficient for him to quit, fear of embarrassment (peer pressure of sort), only needed one try to have him quit.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that is what I call giving in to peer pressure!!!!!!!

6 hours ago, Dennis Tate said:

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that is what I call giving in to peer pressure!!!!!!!

You prefer he keep his own and continue smoking?

Alas, this good man passed away about a year ago.  You know, even the Lord Himself passed through death, none of us shall differ in that.

12 hours ago, Didacus said:

You prefer he keep his own and continue smoking?

Alas, this good man passed away about a year ago.  You know, even the Lord Himself passed through death, none of us shall differ in that.

That is an excellent point!

It is so sad that no incentive from any angle seemed to work for my dad and for my older brother.  They could not stop smoking right to the end and dad ended up passing away at only sixty eight years of age and my older brother at only sixty seven.  

My older brother's nurses sure tried various types of peer pressure on him to try to save his life... but he could not stop smoking no matter what.