An Old School Catholic Message Board

they say the words, but they don't know what they mean

little2add

little2add

The V.P. clearly is in denial by her inflammatory statement that  the overwelming majority of Americans are in favor of abortion.  This vote didn't even make it past the Senate floor.

"With 51 senators opposed and 49 senators in support, Democrats fell short of the 60 votes they would have needed to take up sweeping legislation to guarantee abortion access and explicitly bar a wide array of restrictions."

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/05/11/us/abortion-roe-v-wade-senate-vote

"Sadly, the Senate failed to stand in defense of a woman's right to make decisions about her own body," she told reporters after calling the vote. "And let's be clear: The majority of the American people believe in defending a woman's right to choice, to decide what happens to her own body, and this vote clearly suggests that the Senate is not where the majority of Americans are on this issue.      

Vice President Kamala Harris

https://www.npr.org/2022/05/11/1097980529/senate-to-vote-on-a-bill-that-codifies-abortion-protections-but-it-will-likely-f

When pro-choice folks insist on calling abortion a women’s rights issue and fail to acknowledge or empathize with the pro-life position, it’s doing exactly what the “all lives matter” folks did to the black lives matter  movement. 

OF COURSE all lives matter. 
OF COURSE women’s rights are important.

But that’s not the issue—it’s an attempt to ignore the issue. 

Racism exists.

Human lives, who also deserve rights, are ended by abortion. 

fides' Jack

Ironically, BLM has been complicit in abortion throughout its existence, and does not stand for black lives, except as a catchy slogan.  Yes, black lives do matter, but not more than any other lives.  That's why the counter slogan "all lives matter" was so fiercely hated, and when people were saying "all lives matter" to BLM rioters, those rioters' faces would demonically contort the same way pro-abortion peoples' faces would when you actually challenge them with truth.  They are the same people, and they stand for death, not life.

BLM is the violent, street-gang arm of the Democrat party.

On 5/11/2022 at 10:48 PM, dUSt said:

OF COURSE all lives matter. 
OF COURSE women’s rights are important.

But that’s not the issue—it’s an attempt to ignore the issue. 

OF COURSE black lives matter.  But the BLM organization is based on lies.  And easily disprovable ones at that.

Saying "all lives matter" is an attempt to call attention to the lies.

1 hour ago, fides' Jack said:

Saying "all lives matter" is an attempt to call attention to the lies.

Most every day people who say the phrase "black lives matter" have nothing to do with the BLM organization, so saying "all lives matter" to them is a deflection. A way to ignore the real issue, which is racism. 

Same with saying "women's rights" to pro-life people. It's a deflection. A way to ignore the real issue, which is pre-born human rights.

Let's stop with the left/right rhetoric and just call things like they are.

fides' Jack
1 hour ago, dUSt said:

A way to ignore the real issue, which is racism.

My point is that the racism they're trying to call attention to doesn't exist.

Racism exists, absolutely.  It always has, and it always will.  It's most prominent form today is not against black or brown people.  So just saying "black lives matter" is deflecting from the real issues involving racism, which have more to do with critical race theory than any of the "problems" BLM supporters fabricated.

It's largely about racism in police departments, right?  There are probably racist cops.  If there are they are not fit to have a badge, and I will work together with you, hand-in-hand (not literally), to make sure they can't spread their hate.  They are also unfit to wear a priestly collar...  But we now know, largely because of all this nonsense, that they are few and far between.  Cops are significantly less likely to shoot a black criminal than a white criminal, because they know now that even if they follow all the rules, and it's entirely justified, they could lose their careers over it - because good people did nothing.

Even saying "black lives matter" in solidarity with BLM is complicity in their lies, whether they agree with everything the organization stands for or not.

That is "calling things like they are".

Summary: Racism does exist, and people who support the BLM organization by spouting the slogan mindlessly are making it far, far worse.

Edited by fides' Jack

7 hours ago, fides' Jack said:

My point is that the racism they're trying to call attention to doesn't exist.

It's largely about racism in police departments, right?  There are probably racist cops. 

You obviously live in a way different environment than me. I can't fault you for thinking that something you've never experienced doesn't exist. What I can tell you, out of love, is your position lacks empathy and understanding for those who have and continue to experience racism.

All I can ask is that you seek out and find people who have experienced it. The easy way out is to ignore it, because if you never acknowledge it, then you don't have to solve it, and you don't have to have a guilty conscience about doing nothing.

When people appeal to you and say "I'm black. This is what I go through. Please help me." and you reply, "but all lives matter", can't you see how that is completely devoid of love?

fides' Jack
On 5/13/2022 at 8:49 PM, dUSt said:

I can't fault you for thinking that something you've never experienced doesn't exist.

What specifically exists that I am denying?  I stated clearly, racism exists and I will fight it with you.

On 5/13/2022 at 8:49 PM, dUSt said:

When people appeal to you and say "I'm black. This is what I go through. Please help me."

Nobody is saying this to me.  If you want to see what they're saying to me, this is it (below).  And it's a message that has been promoted largely by white people, ironically.  It's one of violence and hatred.  This is one of hundreds of similar videos from the last 12 months.  The violence has slowed since then, but it hasn't gone away.  

14 hours ago, fides' Jack said:

What specifically exists that I am denying? 

Institutional racism.

14 hours ago, fides' Jack said:

Nobody is saying this to me. 

Listen better.

fides' Jack
8 hours ago, dUSt said:

Institutional racism.

Show me how I'm wrong, and I'm willing to change my mind.  In fact, I already have.

Welfare programs and affirmative action are indeed examples of institutional racism.

Let's fight to overcome them, together.

8 hours ago, dUSt said:

Listen better.

Non-answer.

Without knowing it, you're standing in support of the demonic agenda.  

Only God can give you the grace to have your eyes opened, and for that, you must pray for it.

Here's a few documentaries to add to your watchlist: 

• 13th
  • LA 92
  • I am not your negro

"If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother. But if he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, that every word may be confirmed by the evidence of two or three witnesses. If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector."