An Old School Catholic Message Board

Morning sickness

Anastasia13

Anastasia13

It’s too early to make big announcements, but I keep getting nauseous throughout the day. I eat every couple hours. I am opting for cold things with fresh fruit and veggies. I have ginger beer in the fridge with real ginger and eat hard candies more than I like. What else can I do?

accepting all advice and prayers related to it. 🥴🤢🥴

• 2 weeks later...
Archaeology cat

Hey, been there. I am praying. Advice, well, it's different for everyone. B6 & B12 help if I'm pregnant with a boy, nothing but nausea meds help with my girls. Lemon helped with one boy, peppermint helped with the other.

I remember cooking rice and being yelled at because "rice smells, don't you know that!?!?!?"

Effectively, I am of no help. But I will pray.

You're welcome.

tinytherese

Years ago, one poster said if your stomach is having a hard time with prenatal vitamins to use Flintstone chewable vitamins. I've heard these are helpful too.

homemade ginger tea- Chop up ginger, pour boiling water over it, and add a sweetener. (This is better than prepackaged ginger tea.)

gingersnap cookies

preggie pops

peppermint mint- not peppermint gum

homemade peppermint tea with leaves thrown in

diet coke with a straw

diet lemonade and one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with a straw- Too much ironically causes nausea.

one cup of sweetener and spoonful of protein powder (preferably vanilla), mix, and eat

frozen berries

aromatherapy with lemon oil

If you know you are going to throw up, eat some vanilla ice cream or frozen a prepared food made from milk curdled by the action of cultures. Not only will it coat your throat as you eat it slightly protecting it from the stomach acid, when it comes up it doesn't hurt or taste as bad.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...