An Old School Catholic Message Board

Let's bring back the president who played golf a lot

fides' Jack

10 hours ago, Lea said:

Nope. But how about Kamala Harris for POTUS? 

Only if we want to go to hell.

2 hours ago, Nunsuch said:

Do you have a comparable table for Donald Trump? And please include his "executive time" watching tv during business hours.

If you can find one, I'd be interested.  But the table above doesn't include Biden's ice-cream time, either, so fair is fair.

15 hours ago, Nunsuch said:

Do you have a comparable table for Donald Trump? And please include his "executive time" watching tv during business hours.

Executive time is very important!  A president must stay informed!

5 minutes ago, Didacus said:

Executive time is very important!  A president must stay informed!

I don't think watching hours and hours of opinion masquerating as "news" (and ignoring the PDB, among other things) is how strategic competence is supposed to work. 

30 minutes ago, Nunsuch said:

I don't think watching hours and hours of opinion masquerating as "news" (and ignoring the PDB, among other things) is how strategic competence is supposed to work. 

Do you claim to know more than the presidents?!  Who knows what secret messaging is being divulged in those opinions!

16 hours ago, Nunsuch said:

The media’s the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that’s power. Because they control the minds of the masses. The press is so powerful in its image-making role, it can make the criminal look like he’s a the victim and make the victim look like he’s the criminal. This is the press, an irresponsible press. It will make the criminal look like he’s the victim and make the victim look like he’s the criminal. If you aren’t careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.”

― Malcom X

6 hours ago, little2add said:

The media’s the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that’s power. Because they control the minds of the masses. The press is so powerful in its image-making role, it can make the criminal look like he’s a the victim and make the victim look like he’s the criminal. This is the press, an irresponsible press. It will make the criminal look like he’s the victim and make the victim look like he’s the criminal. If you aren’t careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.”

― Malcom X

It's very interesting and enlightening to me to read up on the role of the press leading up to the previous 2 world wars, and how things could have been a lot different were it not for the press.

It's been a very long time since media has been a force for good in this world.  Perhaps it never was.

22 hours ago, Nunsuch said:

Honestly, his extreme consumption of diet coke and McDonald's was more worrisome to me.

At least he was actually working while his opinions were on the tv.

• 6 months later...
fides' Jack

Biden has now spent more days on vacation in the first 2 years of this term than Trump spent playing golf in his entire first term.

fides' Jack
On 3/27/2023 at 6:26 AM, Didacus said:

Show me a President that plays hockey... and wrestles a bear.

Until then... talk about golf amongt yourselves.

Putin?

2 hours ago, fides' Jack said:

Putin?

I'll take Putin over Trudeau and Biden combined to be honest.  Even though he makes bad choices (obviously), he at least is genuinely a patriot of his nation.