An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Last Catholic Forum

CS937

As far as I know this is the last Catholic forum to exist. Both CAF and Fisheaters no longer exist. I wonder how long this forum will last? It's not too active anymore, unfortunately. Most, if not the majority, of the people that made this place worth visiting no longer post, which  is sad, but all good things must come to an end, right? 

Catholicmom97

This is actually really sad to me because ever since catholic answers ended their q & a forum for the public its been difficult finding answers to specific religious questions that the catholic answers apologists don't answer in detail. They also made it so you can't even read old questions that are still relevant which is super frustrating. I really liked answering other peoples questions especially when they seemed like they needed encouragement. The internet really needed a place for Catholics to come together and talk openly without judgment about things they feel uncomfortable speaking with a priest or family in person with. Plus, a lot of priests don't have all the answers right then and there which again was great about asking the internet. You could have multiple answers from across the world within minutes helping you discern something. Granted, some people were not catholic and would come off with out of pocket answers but it was still nice to have. It helped me a lot through my teenage years.

• 2 weeks later...

Phatmass played an integral role in the development of my faith and growth into discipleship. Every time I tell my conversion story, I talk about this place. I met my wife here, for crying out loud. Phatmass will NEVER DIE.

5 hours ago, phatcatholic said:

Phatmass played an integral role in the development of my faith and growth into discipleship. Every time I tell my conversion story, I talk about this place. I met my wife here, for crying out loud. Phatmass will NEVER DIE.

image.png.fb27886a9a70ce14177c72a377bc6405.png

There is a private one called St Isidore's Lounge but it is invitation only, or referral by a friend and is moderated to avoid heated debates. I suppose you could go to their site and apply to join that way? It is similar to the old CAFs forum but without the apologists.

Catholicmom97
22 minutes ago, cruciatacara said:

There is a private one called St Isidore's Lounge but it is invitation only, or referral by a friend and is moderated to avoid heated debates. 

But I love the heated debates 😂😂

On 12/8/2022 at 5:24 PM, Nihil Obstat said:

image.png.fb27886a9a70ce14177c72a377bc6405.png

That was supposed to be a fistbump gif. Apparently the gif part did not carry through.

On 12/8/2022 at 12:31 PM, phatcatholic said:

Well, it will never die as long as the monthly PayPal subscribers keep covering the cost of web hosting. I'm pretty sure the web host will stop if the PayPal account gets down to $0 and they are no longer getting paid. LOL