An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vandalism of Catholic Churches

Luigi

This happened at Subiaco Benedictine Abbey in Arkansas, Thursday, 5 January, 2023, between 3 and 4 p.m. He damaged the altar and stole the relics. https://www.countrymonks.org/news/damage-to-our-altar?fbclid=IwAR0FfzrBbwJmRNCaaXTJR21bNw0DKXaCNEvbSUo0JUBRkLYLW26xFy-hoDU

And this Facebook post mentions - but doesn't provide details - of a "break-in" at St. Benedict's Abbey in Atchison, Kansas this past summer. ##############################################################################

St. Benedict's Abbey (Kansas Monks) (November 28, 2022)

MonkMonday is HERE (Our version of Giving Tuesday). This year, after a tragic break-in to the Abbey Church this summer, we are raising money for our security project. Please consider supporting the Monks of St. Benedict's Abbey for #monkmonday this year by giving to our security fundraiser. Click the link below to donate: https://www.kansasmonks.org/monkmonday

Good news! Subiaco Abbey posted the following news (with pictures, which I did not copy) on 6 January, 2023 [I added the bold to some of the comments]: 

"RELICS FOUND AND RETURNED!: Through the swift investigation by Sheriff Jason W. Massey and the Logan County Sheriff's Office, Arkansas, both of our stolen altar reliquaries have now been found and returned to the monastery. Both of these reliquaries were sealed into the altar on March 31, 1959, when Bishop Albert L. Fletcher of the Diocese of Little Rock consecrated the altar and Church. The Sheriff reported that the man had wanted to break into the tabernacle but had looked up at the statue of Mary and decided he couldn't do that to her. Reliquary #1 contained the relics of the Martyr Saints Boniface and Tiberius, as well as St. Benedict. Reliquary #2 contained the relics of Martyr Saints Tiberius, Marcellus, and Justina. You can see the attestation letters, the reliquaries, and the relics in the photos provided, along with a photo of where they were located. The relics will be placed again in the high altar once repairs are completed. UIOGD!

• 2 weeks later...

This would be a good church sign:  

"CAUTION TO ANTIFA - YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN KYLE RITTENHOUSE MAY ATTEND MASS HERE!"  

I also started a separate thread on the attempt to steal a statue of St. Michael gone wrong: 

Edited by Norseman82

St, Mary's Cathedral in Fargo, North Dakota has been hit for the second time in just about two years.

April, 2021: The original story is halfway down this article; the update is at the top of the story. This was minor vandalism, and it was repaired.  https://www.valleynewslive.com/2021/04/19/statue-of-jesus-vandalized-in-front-of-fargo-church/

January, 2023: This was more severe and expensive.  https://www.valleynewslive.com/2023/01/26/it-could-be-difficult-costly-jesus-statue-vandalized-st-marys-cathedral/

Shakin' my fool head. 

Edited by Luigi

Churches are being burned in Canada and barely anyone is reporting on it.

Our 'leader' Trudeau-traitor's statement is that 'the anger is understandable' and nothing is being done by authorities.

On 1/26/2023 at 11:26 AM, Didacus said:

Churches are being burned in Canada and barely anyone is reporting on it.

Our 'leader' Trudeau-traitor's statement is that 'the anger is understandable' and nothing is being done by authorities.

That's horrible. Transparency is important. There are healthy and unhealthy ways of expressing anger. This certainly isn't healthy. Step up authorities. It's your job.

On 1/28/2023 at 3:50 PM, tinytherese said:

That's horrible. Transparency is important. There are healthy and unhealthy ways of expressing anger. This certainly isn't healthy. Step up authorities. It's your job.

It is in retaliation to perceived abuses in schools that were run by catholic priests and nuns. 

Unfortunately we have a Prime Minister (Trudeau) who seems to endorse the church burnings rather than condemn them.  he said the attacks were unacceptable and wrong, but were 'understandable' and to my knowledge not a single person has been arrested, or investigated or any actions of note been taken for the countless attacks.

Quote from our 'leader';

“I understand the anger that’s out there against the federal government, against institutions like the Catholic Church. It is real, and it’s fully understandable, given the shameful history that we are all becoming more and more aware of and engaging ourselves to do better as Canadians,” Trudeau said.

• 3 weeks later...

A recently renovated Catholic church is Wissen, Germany was intention torched. Here's the link, which is originally in German. I hit the "translate to English" button, but I don't know if the page will show up in German or English. If it's German, and you don't know German, there should be a translation button in the upper right corner of the screen. But the translation is problematic; Wissen - the name of the town - also means "knowledge" in German. So this byline is "Knowledge" rather than Wissen, and that sort of confusion recurs throughout the story. (When I die and go to hell, I will be forced to read bad machine translations for all eternity!)   https://www.erzbistum-koeln.de/news/Anteilnahme-nach-Brandanschlag-auf-Kirche-in-Wissen/?fbclid=IwAR1XuzBZibdkNODtFLDSZUZFL_fe62bxLrC9jJXcEDFhRV620JQ4c7F9h0U

Edited by Luigi
Added warnings about the bad translation

9 hours ago, Luigi said:

A recently renovated Catholic church is Wissen, Germany was intention torched. Here's the link, which is originally in German. I hit the "translate to English" button, but I don't know if the page will show up in German or English. If it's German, and you don't know German, there should be a translation button in the upper right corner of the screen. But the translation is problematic; Wissen - the name of the town - also means "knowledge" in German. So this byline is "Knowledge" rather than Wissen, and that sort of confusion recurs throughout the story. (When I die and go to hell, I will be forced to read bad machine translations for all eternity!)   https://www.erzbistum-koeln.de/news/Anteilnahme-nach-Brandanschlag-auf-Kirche-in-Wissen/?fbclid=IwAR1XuzBZibdkNODtFLDSZUZFL_fe62bxLrC9jJXcEDFhRV620JQ4c7F9h0U

They torched Notre Dame in Paris...  along with torching several other churches in France at least that year. ..

As I understand it, Notre Dame in Paris burned as a result of a construction accident. I thought that some sort of high-powered heating device was inadvertently left on near flammable materials. But I haven't heard anything about it since very shortly after the event. 

On 2/21/2023 at 5:01 PM, Luigi said:

As I understand it, Notre Dame in Paris burned as a result of a construction accident. I thought that some sort of high-powered heating device was inadvertently left on near flammable materials. But I haven't heard anything about it since very shortly after the event. 

You barely heard anything about it at all... for one of the true wonders of the French and Catholic world not to be communicated as to cause or even investigated, that in itself is extremely strange.

What the Western Media DID cover up are numerous attacks on churches and cathedrals all over Paris that very year - nearly a dozen attacks, without cause or any arrests.  Arson, vandalism and more.  At some point, you are not talking about mere incidents, but patterns do arise, and Notre Dame fit in the pattern all too well.

Res Ipsa Loquitor