An Old School Catholic Message Board

Tanks

fides' Jack

As of 01/06/23 the US has given $24.9 billion, Today, the Department of Defense (DoD) announces the Biden Administration's commitment of $3.075 billion in additional security assistance for Ukraine. 

This saga is reminiscent of the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria,let us pray that history doesn’t repeat itself 

I also read that Biden is sending over long-range missiles.  

Russia is the only country that seems to have any interest at all in averting a world war.  Whether Putin had just reasons or not for starting the war in Ukraine, he has had soo many opportunities now to escalate and strike back against other countries, and he has not - yet.  

If we keep poking the bear, eventually that bear is going to lash out.

49 minutes ago, fides' Jack said:

Russia is the only country that seems to have any interest at all in averting a world war.  Whether Putin had just reasons or not for starting the war in Ukraine, he has had soo many opportunities now to escalate and strike back against other countries, and he has not - yet.  

The war crimes though, bit of a bummer. What a shame, nobody thought to just ask nicely for them to cut it out.

Next time I see one of the dozens of kids I have personally met here in Canada, with their homes destroyed and fathers and uncles back in Ukraine fighting or killed, I will remind them "thank goodness Russia has not escalated!"

Omnes enim, qui acceperint gladium, gladio peribunt.

-in other words-

"Put your sword back in its place, for all who draw the sword will die by the sword". 

Edited by little2add

On 2/1/2023 at 9:46 AM, Nihil Obstat said:

The war crimes though, bit of a bummer. What a shame, nobody thought to just ask nicely for them to cut it out.

Next time I see one of the dozens of kids I have personally met here in Canada, with their homes destroyed and fathers and uncles back in Ukraine fighting or killed, I will remind them "thank goodness Russia has not escalated!"

My heart goes out to Ukrainians who truly have suffered as a result of this.  It really does.

But Ukraine has not been innocent in all this.  It is not all Russia.  I do believe that Canada is less complicit than the US, so there's that.

KnightofChrist
On 2/1/2023 at 11:46 AM, Nihil Obstat said:

Yes, Russia has escalated the war in Ukraine. But the United States has done it's fair share, if not a leading cause of it beginning. The 2012 overthrow of the then Ukrainian government was lead by the US. In 2016 Senators Lindsay Graham and John McCain visited Ukraine promising an offensive proxy war with Russia. The US has repeatedly rejected the idea of Ukraine as a neutral non-NATO nation. Just a few days ago the former prime minister of Israel recently came out and said the US basically forced Ukraine to reject a peace deal with Russia. Numerous other sources have also said the same. 

There has been nothing but escalation from the US. This doesn't make the Russians the good guys, they are not good. But I don't want the world to burn in a flood of nuclear fire. Which is what all this is leading up to. Ukraine is a must win for all sides. Strength through force. Each side wants to punk the other side down. Honestly, I don't see how this doesn't grow outside of Ukraine and Russia. NATO / US sending tanks and jets next are acts of war making it a target. 

Not to mention the fact that it's known now that the US blew up the Nordstream 2 pipeline.  When did that come out?  When there was hysteria around spy balloons, instead.  No one took notice, which clearly seems to have been the goal.  The MSM is not going to report this to the American people.

The US is seeking WWIII.

• 4 weeks later...
Nihil Obstat
On 2/16/2023 at 12:39 PM, Didacus said:

If Russia attacks Canada, I will fight on the side of the Russians.

This is, frankly, an appalling and horrifying thing to say, on so many levels. This has unfortunately been on my mind since you said it, and I have not thought of a response that can appropriately convey the depth of my disgust and contempt. I can only hope it was a joke in incredibly poor taste.

May the Blessed Mother have mercy on us, her poor banished children.

Of my living memory, the world has never been closer to WWIII as we are this moment.

Furthermore, it would seem hard set on the path of WW-III; usually something has to happen to set off a war, at this point it feels as though we need something to happen to prevent it. 

China is the main player outside of Europe and the USA.  The main weakness of the Western world is there is no longer a will to fight (nothing like there was 60+ years ago to say the least).  If WW-III happens, I dare say NATO would lose.

10 hours ago, Nihil Obstat said:

This is, frankly, an appalling and horrifying thing to say, on so many levels. This has unfortunately been on my mind since you said it, and I have not thought of a response that can appropriately convey the depth of my disgust and contempt. I can only hope it was a joke in incredibly poor taste.

May the Blessed Mother have mercy on us, her poor banished children.

Not a joke.

There is nothing worth defending anymore in Europe or North America, especially in Canada.  I currently have more in common with Russia, who at least recognize traditional family and Christian values, than anything splurged out of anything labelled 'Canadien'.  I would hail the Russians (or the Chinese, whichever comes first) as genuine liberators.

LET THE WESTERN TOWERS FALLS!  

Edited by Didacus