An Old School Catholic Message Board

Tanks

fides' Jack

8 hours ago, Didacus said:

I would hail the Russians (or the Chinese, whichever comes first) as genuine liberators.

Both Communism and Marxism are intrinsically evil in nature, and in action.   They deserve no praise or respect.

34 minutes ago, little2add said:

Both Communism and Marxism are intrinsically evil in nature, and in action.   They deserve no praise or respect.

Being forced by law to accept men as women and vice versa is mucb better?

A benevolant tyrant is better than a malevolant democracy, which is what we have in Canada at best.

fides' Jack

I stand mainly with Didacus in his sentiments on this issue.  We're already Communist in the US.  Canada is even further gone.  Interestingly, the very things that good people would describe as "insane" in the Western world are things that Russia went through decades ago, realized they were bad, and then moved away from.  And, unsurprisingly, these same things are the very things that Russia already said they would do to influence the West, also decades ago, in order to tear down Western civilization.  This chaos was all planned.

So is Russia innocent here?  No, of course not.  But morally speaking, they have the high ground over countries like Canada and the US for those things that offend God most.  There are very few, if any, countries in the world now that do not offend God with those sins that cry to Heaven for vengeance.

If Russia attacked Canada, I would start moving to a bunker, because the US is soon to follow.  

Lastly, though Russia is not the good guy right now, it's good to remember there are several prophecies that say that God's deliverance from the "sins of Russia" (Communism) would also come through Russia.

20 hours ago, Didacus said:

I would hail the Russians (or the Chinese, whichever comes first)

I do not seek eternal life in this  realm... but I get that one must choose wisely.

I would by fat prefer the Russians over the Chinese.

But I would also prefer Chinese governanve over the perceived democracy of Canada.

21 hours ago, fides' Jack said:

I stand mainly with Didacus in his sentiments on this issue.  We're already Communist in the US.  Canada is even further gone. 

You clearly do not understand what communism is. And that is my final word here. There is no point in trying to reason with someone who says something as obviously incorrect as this.

On 2/14/2023 at 10:06 AM, fides' Jack said:

Not to mention the fact that it's known now that the US blew up the Nordstream 2 pipeline.  When did that come out?  When there was hysteria around spy balloons, instead.  No one took notice, which clearly seems to have been the goal.  The MSM is not going to report this to the American people.

Let me guess - Fauci did it, while JFK and Elvis stood as lookouts? 

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/AA?p=AA&.tsrc=fin-srch 

On 2/1/2023 at 9:52 AM, fides' Jack said:

I also read that Biden is sending over long-range missiles.  

Russia is the only country that seems to have any interest at all in averting a world war.  Whether Putin had just reasons or not for starting the war in Ukraine, he has had soo many opportunities now to escalate and strike back against other countries, and he has not - yet.  

If we keep poking the bear, eventually that bear is going to lash out.

Yeah, and it was Poland that started WW2 and poked the Nazi eagle / wolf, whereas Hitler was the guy who wanted peace.....

fides' Jack
On 3/16/2023 at 4:06 PM, Norseman82 said:

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/AA?p=AA&.tsrc=fin-srch 

Yeah, and it was Poland that started WW2 and poked the Nazi eagle / wolf, whereas Hitler was the guy who wanted peace.....

Do you honestly believe the US is completely innocent regarding Ukraine?  Even Pope Francis has made comments implying that's not the case.

If you read my comments, I'm not saying Russia is innocent, either.  I'm just saying there have been many times they could have escalated, and they didn't.  I'm not naive; I believe entirely that they will escalate at some point to the detriment of the whole world...

On 3/16/2023 at 12:29 PM, Nunsuch said:

You clearly do not understand what communism is. And that is my final word here. There is no point in trying to reason with someone who says something as obviously incorrect as this.

We are Communist behind the scenes.  We only have the illusion of freedom here.  We no longer have real elections.  We are very quickly losing personal rights and private property.  Even the freedom of speech is up for grabs now, since we have crossed the line of compulsory speech, following Canada's lead.

I'm just waiting for the rights we still have to a degree to be removed completely.  I'm wondering why it hasn't happened yet.  But I know it will happen, in God's time, and when He deems it necessary.

Still there is hope, and even Divine Assurance that just when things are at their worst, and when it appears that the Church is all but dead, a great chastisement will wipe out those who are in power in the world now, and the world will be made right and good and once again pleasing to the King of Kings.

KnightofChrist
On 3/16/2023 at 6:06 PM, Norseman82 said:

President Biden as well as others in his administration promised that if Russia invaded Ukraine that they would bring an end to the pipeline one way or another. No wild conspiracies required, the Biden Administration promised to end the pipeline and it was put to an end. 

https://youtu.be/OS4O8rGRLf8

https://youtube.com/shorts/iQ5oElhXtNs?feature=share

What do you think of the report that blames the US for the attack by Seymour Hersh? Seymour Hersh is investigative reporter known for exposing the My Lai massacre. 

https://seymourhersh.substack.com/p/how-america-took-out-the-nord-stream

51 minutes ago, fides' Jack said:

If you read my comments, I'm not saying Russia is innocent, either.  I'm just saying there have been many times they could have escalated, and they didn't

That's like saying that the domestic abuser had a chance to break his victims' jaw but didn't, he chose many times not to escalate and just gave her a black eye and multiple bruises.

On 2/1/2023 at 9:52 AM, fides' Jack said:

Russia is the only country that seems to have any interest at all in averting a world war. 

If they were sincere about averting a world war, they would never have attacked Ukraine in the first place.  

1 hour ago, KnightofChrist said:

What do you think of the report that blames the US for the attack by Seymour Hersh? Seymour Hersh is investigative reporter known for exposing the My Lai massacre. 

https://seymourhersh.substack.com/p/how-america-took-out-the-nord-stream

It refers to one "anonymous source":  

https://www.snopes.com/news/2023/02/10/hersh-nord-stream-sabotage 

More corrobation would be needed.

Edited by Norseman82

KnightofChrist
11 minutes ago, Norseman82 said:

It refers to one "anonymous source":  

https://www.snopes.com/news/2023/02/10/hersh-nord-stream-sabotage 

More corrobation would be needed.

And Biden and Nuland's promises to end the pipeline, what do you think about that?

43 minutes ago, Norseman82 said:

That's like saying that the domestic abuser had a chance to break his victims' jaw but didn't, he chose many times not to escalate and just gave her a black eye and multiple bruises.

If they were sincere about averting a world war, they would never have attacked Ukraine in the first place.  

What are your thoughts on the heavy influence by the US in the 2014 Ukrainian revolution, which overthrew the then government and led to the outbreak of the war? 

I can only imagine how the US would respond if Russia helped to overthrow the Mexican government, and the new Pro-Russian government received arms and war machines. 

3 hours ago, KnightofChrist said:

I can only imagine how the US would respond if Russia helped to overthrow

like the "bay of pigs"?

Guantánamo Bay Naval Base (Cuba) remains to this day

On 3/18/2023 at 5:05 AM, little2add said:

like the "bay of pigs"?

Guantánamo Bay Naval Base (Cuba) remains to this day

You do realize that the Bay of Pigs and the Cuban Missile crisis were 18 months apart and two entirely different events...?