An Old School Catholic Message Board

Tanks

fides' Jack

little2add
5 hours ago, fides' Jack said:

We have no way to verify the authenticity of either proposal.

We have no way to verify the authenticity of this.

US does have boots on the ground in Ukraine.  We have no way to verify the authenticity of this.

We have no way to verify this, either. 

I certainly do not trust our LGBT+/BLM/Race-obsessed/Murder-obsessed government and mass-media to tell us the truth about anything anymore.  

Funny that you think that "Health Impact News" is legitimate , Unknown.jpg

Edited by little2add

little2add
On 2/2/2023 at 8:53 PM, little2add said:

Put your abrams tank back in its place, for all who draw the abrams tank will die by the abrams tank". 

maketacosnotwar-jpg.jpg

fides' Jack
4 hours ago, little2add said:

Funny that you think that "Health Impact News" is legitimate

On 5/28/2023 at 3:09 PM, fides' Jack said:

That doesn't mean they're wrong.  A broken clock is right twice each day. 

Clearly I don't think everything they put out is legitimate.  As I implied, other than spiritual authority, I base my claims of legitimacy on what's being said, not who's saying it.  That was my whole point.

As we have seen in recent years, even though 99% of the world might be telling you one thing, it doesn't make it true.  I still sometimes see people jogging alone, outside, with face masks on, all thanks to the unjustified and unscientific hysteria 3 years ago...  There are still people today who claim that we "followed the science" by closing everything down, despite all the evidence now to the contrary.

On 5/27/2023 at 5:29 AM, BarbTherese said:

the above would have to be the sickest and most revolting bit of false news I have ever read.

How do you know?

Nihil Obstat

Fun game. We call it "doing research" and "following the evidence" when it supports our pet theories, and when it directly contradicts them, "we have no way of verifying this." Unfalsifiable theories means I can never be wrong! 

image.png.6356a87d89a88ed2835ec7dc3ddffc9a.png

If only. If only. 

Jack, my brother, if you do indeed touch grass occasionally in your life, if you ever do emerge from your insane little echo chamber, there is no doubt in my mind that your paranoia and conspiracy peddling turns away countless more people from the faith than you could ever in your life hope to attract. I dearly hope that someday you have an opportunity to atone for the damage you no doubt cause.

Lord have mercy on us. God help you.

fides' Jack
4 hours ago, BarbTherese said:

Same way as you do.

Honestly, Ms. Therese, I think it's far more likely to be real than not.  If I'm wrong, I will gladly admit it, and I'll actually be somewhat relieved.

So again, you seem very sure it's false.  How are you so sure?

fides' Jack
12 hours ago, Nihil Obstat said:

your paranoia and conspiracy peddling turns away countless more people from the faith than you could ever in your life hope to attract.

I would certainly hope that's not the case.  Can you explain why or how that would be?

If these conspiracy theories turn out to be true, would that make a difference to this supposed "turning people away from the faith"?  

I seriously doubt that I have turned anyone away from the faith.  At least here...  Those I have argued with the most, people like @little2add, who seems very politically conservative, or @BarbTherese or @Nunsuch, seem like they have pretty strong faith-lives that wouldn't be swayed by one person, especially if they deemed that person to be a nut.

Nihil, I'm not paranoid.  I'm not even terribly concerned about the direction things are going.  My view, which to the majority of the world might seem like the most pessimistic and negative view out there (it's not - it's actually the most hopeful and positive), doesn't really scare me.  I trust in God.  My biggest concern is that people who don't see the truth now also won't see it when their very souls depend on it.  I still believe that will be within a decade.

Well, I would very much like to hear your answer to my question above, but you won't have to read my nonsense much longer.  I'm not going to open a facebook or discord account to continue this, so when dUSt shuts it down, I'll be done.  Perhaps I could have spoken up more while this forum was up.  Perhaps I spoke up more than I should have.  I don't know...

That being said, I love everyone here, and I sincerely hope that people can start to wake up and see what's actually going on, before they lose their souls eternally.

Edited by fides' Jack

fides' Jack
13 hours ago, Nihil Obstat said:

Fun game. We call it "doing research" and "following the evidence" when it supports our pet theories, and when it directly contradicts them, "we have no way of verifying this." Unfalsifiable theories means I can never be wrong! 

Just thinking about this some more.  This statement seems unfair.  There's very little that I've argued about on PM that I've claimed to have done a lot of research on.  In fact, in most cases the only research one can do is just an exercise in government trust.  On issues purported to be "science" issues, I do think people should hear and discuss all available viewpoints.  Actually, I think true science would demand it.

I certainly didn't suggest that me posting an article by "Health Impact News" implied any amount of scientific rigor.  Moreover, I've accepted corrections when it was shown that I was wrong.  A very recent example would be a video I posted of an EU parliament member from Croatia saying something.  I made the statement that Croatia itself was taking that stance, and someone corrected me on that, and rightly so.

The real problem with unfalsifiable theories is that I can never prove myself right, either.  Yet, I'm positive that if you and I sat down to a cup of coffee (or tea if that's your preference), I could convince you that my position on a lot of this is the more reasonable one.  In fact, I'm positive that in 5 minutes I could convince you the possibility of it is far more reasonable than most people are willing to admit.  This is because the basis of my beliefs, even in matters you call conspiracy theories, is Public Revelation.

BarbTherese
On 5/30/2023 at 11:17 AM, fides' Jack said:
On 5/27/2023 at 8:59 PM, BarbTherese said:

the above would have to be the sickest and most revolting bit of false news I have ever read.

How do you know?

I know the sickest most revolting bit of probably false information I have ever read the same way as you know.

Better?

Edited by BarbTherese

fides' Jack
10 hours ago, BarbTherese said:

I know the sickest most revolting bit of probably false information I have ever read the same way as you know.

Better?

Better that you added "probably"?  That wasn't my point.  I honestly wanted to know how you were so sure.  Honestly, you seem to be more sure that it's false than I am that it's true.  I hope and pray you're right.

I asked in charity and in an honest search for truth.  I didn't mean anything negative by it.  If you don't want to answer, that's fine, but please don't presume to know my beliefs, thoughts, or intentions, unless I state them.

• 4 weeks later...

tanks.webp

A view of the Leopard 2 tanks during live fire training and exercise for Ukrainian soldiers by German army Bundeswehr 

Switzerland again refused to transfer arms to Ukraine on Wednesday, this time rejecting the export of almost 100 Leopard 1 tanks belonging to state arms company RUAG.

Despite pressure from Kyiv and its allies, Switzerland has so far not allowed countries that hold Swiss-made weaponry to re-export it to Ukraine.

eye for an eye, good move on Switzerland's part :bravo:

KnightofChrist
On 3/14/2023 at 9:46 PM, Nihil Obstat said:

This is, frankly, an appalling and horrifying thing to say, on so many levels. This has unfortunately been on my mind since you said it, and I have not thought of a response that can appropriately convey the depth of my disgust and contempt. I can only hope it was a joke in incredibly poor taste.

May the Blessed Mother have mercy on us, her poor banished children.

I would never side with the Russians but what other than family, friends, the men in the fox hole with us is there to fight for the West? Abortion, Sodomy, Euthanasia, Sexual mutilation, Drugs, and all sorts of other Modern Western ideals are all things that I would not fight for, but our current civilization is being built on. 

This is, frankly, an appalling and horrifying thing to say, on so many levels. This has unfortunately been on my mind since you said it, and I have not thought of a response that can appropriately convey the depth of my disgust and contempt. I can only hope it was a joke in incredibly poor taste.

I would never side with the Russians but what other than family, friends, the men in the fox hole with us is there to fight for the West? Abortion, Sodomy, Euthanasia, Sexual mutilation, Drugs, and all sorts of other Modern Western ideals are all things that I would not fight for, but our current civilization is being built on. 

little2add
4 hours ago, KnightofChrist said:

On 7/3/2023 at 4:43 AM, little2add said:

I second the notion.

Why do you think recruitement is dropping?  I for one would not sign up to defend Canada anymore.  The best thing that could happen is for the 'social experiements' to end.