An Old School Catholic Message Board

Is any community devoted to fighting the gender revolution and upholding fundamental truths about the human person?

Alison

discerning life

I don't think I would worry too much about it. It's a big deal right now, but I believe in five years everyone will look back in amazement at this gender nonsense. There are many lawsuits in the pipeline right now from detransitioners (people who went through medical procedures to transition from one gender to another and now regret it) who are suing their physicians and therapists. When these cases go before courts, and everyone finds out that none of this gender stuff is based on science, it will end as suddenly as it began. Therapists and physicians will abandon it, insurance plans will no longer cover it, and some states will even pass laws against it. In many states in the US, laws are already being passed. Medical gender transitioning for minors has ended in the Nordic countries and an important gender clinic was shut down in the UK because they discovered that it isn't scientific. I live in a very liberal area and have talked to liberal neighbors and family members and they all think the entire thing-pronouns and all is idiotic. There were a couple people I know who are huge Harry Potter fans and were boycotting JK Rowling over her opinions on trans issues, but after I told them that this ideology says biological sex is socially constructed they were pretty incredulous. Most people don't know just how nutty this stuff is or how dangerous the hormones and surgeries are. But they will find out because the detransitioners and their lawsuits will bring it all out in the open and force those pushing this ideology to actually explain it. Right now, they don't have to explain anything. They just have to scream "transphobe!" and shut down all discussion. But that will be changing soon enough. We just need to stand firm and whenever possible, talk to people about it, and expose the absurdity of their claims. I mean, they are now saying that transwomen can menstruate and breastfeed! And it gets sillier by the day. This past Easter Vigil, a guy was getting confirmed and was asked if he renounced Satan and all his vain and pompous schemes (or something like that) and I almost laughed out loud, because I thought about some of this wacky gender stuff. We can be blinded by our greed or lust to the vanity and utter ridiculousness of some of the devil's goofy schemes, but when grace tears away the veil and makes us see clearly, it really is such an obvious ruse. There's no way the gender ideology is sustainable. 

Antigonos

For many years I have felt that "gender dysphoria" is essentially a form of mental illness and should be treated accordingly, not blindly accepting that bodily mutilation, whether through hormonal treatment or surgery, is a solution.  It is known that there is a psychiatric condition known as "polysurgery syndrome" in which sufferers imitate symptoms which can be "cured" by repeated unnecessary surgery, including amputation, and I do not see the "transgender" phenomenon as really being different.

Since dUSt has announced that Vocation Station will be closing at the end of May, this will most likely be my last post here.  Let me take the opportunity to tell everyone that it's been a great pleasure participating here, and best wishes to all of you!