An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sister Clare Crocket

GraceUk

I saw a little a bit about this young nun who was killed in an earthquake in Ecuador. It was on a programme earlier today on the BBC. I thought I had read about her here on Phatmass a while ago. And I had. Not very good at links. Does anyone know anything else. Not sure if her cause for canonization has been started yet. She was such a warm vibrant enthusiastic young person who has inspired a lot of people. It would be nice to have a few more modern saints. Hope it is Ok to say that.

AveMariaPurissima

Sr. Clare Crockett is so beautiful and inspiring! :heart: I really hope she gets canonized one day! (But to my knowledge, her cause has not been started yet.)

Here's some links:

"All or Nothing," a documentary about her life: https://youtu.be/dL565Cwmg9o

Website about Sr. Clare and the five candidates who were also killed in the earthquake. Biographies, photos, writings, testimonies from people who knew them, etc. Lots of really good material here. https://www.sisterclare.com/en/

The biography about her is really good as well. It covers a lot that didn't necessarily get mentioned in the documentary, and includes numerous quotes from Sr. Clare's journals and private correspondence, which lets you get a real inside perspective. Alone with Christ Alone by Sr. Kristen Gardner, SHM

Thanks very much for these links. I hope her cause will be opened soon and sister Clare becomes better known. 

BarbTherese

On 3/20/2023 at 5:02 AM, GraceUk said:

It would be nice to have a few more modern saints. Hope it is Ok to say that.

🏆 No problems in saying that.  It is your opinion and I second your motion.