An Old School Catholic Message Board

Gender Theory

Alison

38 minutes ago, Nunsuch said:

I'm curious, @little2add. How many trans women have actually received athletic scholarships? 

You told us you were going to drop out of this thread...

12 minutes ago, Luigi said:

You told us you were going to drop out of this thread...

Didn't realize you were a monitor.  So sue me. This group would be really funny, if it weren't so pathetically sad.... The combination of ignorance and self-righteousness is mind-blowing.

20 hours ago, Nunsuch said:

Didn't realize you were a monitor.  So sue me. This group would be really funny, if it weren't so pathetically sad.... The combination of ignorance and self-righteousness is mind-blowing.

The combination of education and self-righteousness, too. 

tinytherese

What's scary is how there's talk of CPS taking kids who identify as another gender away from parents if they don't support their sex change.

My fourteen-year-old recently told me:

I see myself as a smoker. I've always known, in the inmost core of my being, that I'm a smoker. I fantasize about smoking. I visualize myself smoking. I was born a smoker. I'm not comfortable in my non-smoking body. 

I've always been attracted to people who smoke. I consider them "my people." I know they've been pushed to the margins of society - they have to stand outside in all kinds of weather to be who they really are because restaurants won't let them just be themselves in public spaces - but I don't care.   

I love the smell of tobacco smoke. I love all the paraphernalia of smoking - all styles of ashtrays (Facebook recognizes over 72 shapes), the smell of lighter fluid, the click of an engraved Zippo cigarette lighter opening, scraping into flame, and clanking shut - all done one-handed.  

I AM a smoker. I am going to BE a smoker. You need to help me make the transition to smoking. You need to accept me as a smoker. You need to let me smoke in the house, at school, in the non-smoking sections of restaurants & bars, on city buses, in church - smokers should have the same basic human  rights as everyone else!

And, being the loving father I am, completely focused on giving Little Junior anything he wants whenever he wants it, I took him straight to the tobacco clinic and got him outfitted. I am now the father of a smoker. And I'm proud of it!

Edited by Luigi

little2add
9 hours ago, Luigi said:

My fourteen-year-old recently told me:

I see myself as a smoker. I've always known, in the inmost core of my being, that I'm a smoker. I fantasize about smoking. I visualize myself smoking. I was born a smoker. I'm not comfortable in my non-smoking body. 

I've always been attracted to people who smoke. I consider them "my people." I know they've been pushed to the margins of society - they have to stand outside in all kinds of weather to be who they really are because restaurants won't let them just be themselves in public spaces - but I don't care.   

I love the smell of tobacco smoke. I love all the paraphernalia of smoking - all styles of ashtrays (Facebook recognizes over 72 shapes), the smell of lighter fluid, the click of an engraved Zippo cigarette lighter opening, scraping into flame, and clanking shut - all done one-handed.  

I AM a smoker. I am going to BE a smoker. You need to help me make the transition to smoking. You need to accept me as a smoker. You need to let me smoke in the house, at school, in the non-smoking sections of restaurants & bars, on city buses, in church - smokers should have the same basic human  rights as everyone else!

And, being the loving father I am, completely focused on giving Little Junior anything he wants whenever he wants it, I took him straight to the tobacco clinic and got him outfitted. I am now the father of a smoker. And I'm proud of it!

Im a closet smoker, maybe someday with your inspiration I will come out of the closet

4 hours ago, little2add said:

Im a closet smoker, maybe someday with your inspiration I will come out of the closet

*smile*

• 2 weeks later...
Credo in Deum

Gender theory and gender identity ideology is all wacko junk.   The liberal sides only push ideologies that either lead to sterilization or an early death,  For the morbidly obese they push body positivity since staying fat will eventually lead to an early death while for mentally ill and those with sexual abuse trauma or both, they push body negativity in the form of transgenderism.   

These people are victims of psychological warfare. 

little2add
8 hours ago, Credo in Deum said:

These people are victims of psychological warfare.

IE: When a high percentage of children cannot read or do math at grade level, it is barbaric to spend hours of instruction on gender. Sudden onset gender dysphoria is a relatively new phenomenon that is almost certainly caused by teachers confusing small children about their sex and treating them as special if they say they want to transition.

it is (criminal) child abuse!

BarbTherese
On 5/15/2023 at 7:18 PM, little2add said:

IE: When a high percentage of children cannot read or do math at grade level, it is barbaric to spend hours of instruction on gender. Sudden onset gender dysphoria is a relatively new phenomenon that is almost certainly caused by teachers confusing small children about their sex and treating them as special if they say they want to transition.

I agree :like2:

I think it is possibly something to be mentioned only -  in the higher grades embracing teenagers.  Further queries should be individuals only and/or information only are a matter for a school counsellor and, with student's agreement, parents present.

Individuals only because it is a highly sensitive subject that could see a student 'on the outside' subject to all kinds of negativity and object of scorn and laughter, including bullying.

fides' Jack
On 4/29/2023 at 4:38 PM, Nunsuch said:

Wow, and I hadn't even joined in the fun, yet!

It's so interesting to me that those on the left accuse those on the right of exactly what the left is itself guilty of.

On 5/15/2023 at 3:48 AM, little2add said:

True, but probably not a strong enough description. 

I have brought up a few times how demonic modern psychology is.  This issue with "transgenders" (i.e. people who self-mutilate and/or cross-dress) proves the point more than anything else.  Anyone who says that "trans-women are women" (or vice-versa) is not mentally well.

It's so far beyond child abuse...  

The truth is that there's no such thing as a "transgender" or even the word we used to use: "transsexual". 

On 4/13/2023 at 11:22 AM, SorrowfulHeart said:

Again, I'm a high schooler, so you don't have to take my opinion, but I've watched people become truly happy as they settle into their new identities. They may wake up twenty years from now and find they are miserable, but for right now, I'm just here as a voice of(at least I try) love and Catholic theology.

I'm sorry, but this is nonsense.  The 2 weeks that someone has told you they are happy because people gave them a lot of attention after they "settled" into their new identities counts for precisely zero.  It means nothing.  Did you know the majority (literally more than 50%) of those who surgically transition contemplate suicide after only a few years?

True Catholic theology is vehemently against all of this.  Transgender ideology offends God so terribly much...

@Alison is right.

SorrowfulHeart

Hi @fides' Jack! I would like to make a small addition to what you said about my post. 

I know that trans ideology offends God. I'm not saying that it doesn't. I'm just saying that a vast majority of my friends are so far removed from religion that informing them of this fact would be detrimental to any progress they could make with religion. If they ask the stance of the Catholic Church on trans ideology, of course I'll tell them our stance, but for me, it is best to show them the love of the Church before imposing the rules upon them.

Many of my friends are in abusive households and the one thing they can control is their body and how they view it. For me, it is the lesser of two evils. It is better than alcoholism and drugs and things that can be extremely detrimental to their health. And most of my friends are not taking surgery or hormone pills. They are just changing their names and pronouns. Again, for me, it is the lesser of the things they could have gotten into to cope with the abuse they are receiving. 

As it is a crime against God, I do penance and reparation for them. As a high schooler, I cannot impose many physical penances, but I pray and do many mental mortifications for my friends. I have consecrated many of them to the Immaculate Heart.

It's a very delicate subject, and I am trying my best, as a high schooler, to navigate it as a Catholic. Thank you, fides Jack, for letting me further explain! :)

(I cannot do much about the abuse, mainly because many of my friends would be homeless or put into worse, more unstable situations if they were removed from their families. Again, I am trying my best, please be gentle). 

fides' Jack
1 hour ago, SorrowfulHeart said:

As it is a crime against God, I do penance and reparation for them.

This seems like the best thing anyone can do.  And honestly, it's an area that I probably fail in more than I should.

But using the wrong pronouns is lying.  I struggled to come to terms with that fact for a long time.  It's wrong to view it as a kind of "lesser of many evils", because the Catholic can and should promote truth even when it is falsely deemed by others to be uncharitable.  It's true that not everyone needs to know all the truth, all the time, but it's also true that to call a boy a girl, or to use feminine pronouns with respect to him, is to flat-out lie to him, which doesn't do him any good whatsoever.  If that same person is a friend, remember that Catholic morality obliges us to keep good friends, and to not remain friends with those who would (intentionally or not) lead us to perdition.

I don't think it's a matter of imposing Catholic rules on them; I truly believe it's a matter of basic humanity.  If people lack the sanity to understand the basic biological nature of male vs female, then it's our duty as Catholics AND as humans, to instruct them, no matter how religious they are.  

Here's a take from one of the creators of The Matrix, which should add to people's understanding of what's behind this nefariousness:

https://gloria.tv/post/8jAaNC2prVMh3waRtm7HctZyx