An Old School Catholic Message Board

Fake Happy Occasions

Jake Huether

The baby shower isn't for the mother! It's all about the baby! Providing for the baby, helping the mother provide for the baby. Sharing thier joy! Have you gone to a baby shower before?

As for giving approval, I don't think we ever meant that. I don't know about ya'll but I don't think any of us meant "congradulations" or baby showers as a sign of approval, I truly congratulate them whether they are married or not. It's not approval and it's not the babies fault. The dissappointment came from the sin, not the creation of Life. What I mean by "faking" my happiness is that there is dissapointment from the baby being born out of wedlock, not the baby itself. I still love my friends and their babies even though they made a mistake.

One of my friends babies LOVES to go to Mass! A future priest perhaps? B)

As far as the baby showers go, I never win anything! <_<

Edited by jmjtina

ryanmeyersmusic

I don't think, though, that I could congratulate it, though.  Giving approval to a sin is, as I understand it, a sin in itself.  Even if you don't really mean it, the person you're congratulating probably thinks you do.

having a child is not a sin. sex outside of the covenant of marraige is a sin, and a serious one. having a child is not.

our concern, if they are close enough to us to be concerned, should be to urge them to seek forgiveness through the sacrament of confession. if we know that they have, or that they intend to, there is no reason why we should judge them, disrespect them, "make sure that they don't get anything they want", or anything like that.

it is in no way our place to treat a person like they are unforgivable or that their (possibly) single sin is so much bigger than all of ours.

how about we start checking our eyes for planks...

When my neighbor (one of my extra daughters) announced she was pregnant (unmarried and 21) , I yelled at her for about 2 minutes for being an idiot ( her parents yelled for 10), and then asked if she wanted pink or blue for an afghan.

Hate the sin.

Love the sinner.

littleflower+JMJ

and you know looking back on this thread.

there is always hope.

theres always hope for them to return to the Church and come to know Him

to get married before God and ask for his blessings.

to recieve the gifts from the sacrament of holy confession.

to make things right with God.

and when their ready to do all these, you be there for them and help them make things right again.

nothing is too big for God to forgive.

one of my teenage mother friend's is doing that.

she plans to get married in the church, have her child baptised and make things right again.

God has wonderful plans for everyone and good always comes from everything.

prayer. it works wonders.

+JMJ

there is always hope.

theres always  hope for them to return to the Church and come to know Him

to get married before God and ask for his blessings.

to recieve the gifts from the sacrament of holy confession.

to make things right with God.

and when their ready to do all these, you be there for them and help them make things right again.

nothing is too big for God to forgive.

one of my teenage mother friend's is doing that.

she plans to get married in the church, have her child baptised and make things right again.

God has wonderful plans for everyone and good always comes from everything.

prayer. it works wonders.

+JMJ

;)

Amen! Can I get an AMEN? ;)