An Old School Catholic Message Board

Non-catholic Communion

willguy

"Dream as if you will live forever, live as if you will die today." James Dean

i dont think that catholic should not take the "Lord's Supper" protestant communion in any protestant church. communion is a very holy thing in our church and i am not sayin that our protestant brothers and sisters dont feel that same but it is not the same thing

Sarah

We still can't partake in their communion (orthodox) unless for serious reasons ( no latin rite churches around, death is soon etc) out of respect for them, because we care not in communion with them, just as they can't take our communion because they are not in communion with us.

Thy Geekdom Come

However, Orthodox do inDouche have the real presence in the Eucharist. This is the teaching of the Church, I believe...

This is, inDouche, Church teaching...

and everyone likes to blame protestants for going by their "feelings" too much. heh.

Heh,

I should probably re-iterate.

When I say "feelings" I mean, "What the Holy Spirit tells me to do and what's happening".

He's good like that. B)

Heh,

I should probably re-iterate.

When I say "feelings" I mean, "What the Holy Spirit tells me to do and what's happening".

He's good like that.  B)

Yes as long as "HE" doesn't tell you something tat goes against Church teaching.

You did the right thing. In my interdenominational Christian sportbike group, the local chapter did a few Sundays where we visited other members' churches (and I too made sure I went to Mass first), so when the plate was passed to me, I just passed it on, and was fully ready to take heat from it.

And when it was time to visit my parish, in the email in which I gave directions, I stated that the guidelines for receiving communion were in the front cover of the missalette. Only one other person joined me at my parish that Sunday, and he did not receive, as he now goes to a Pentecostal church.

Edited by Norseman82

At our wedding we had the guidelines for receiving Communion in the bulletin. There was even an announcement made. All of my family, and most of Jared's family is not Catholic. So needless to say, the line was short. But much to my chagrin I just happened to look up and see someone take Communion that shouldn't have, and it hurt me.

Apologia (c.150) Written by St. Justin Martyr to the Emperor of Rome as a means of explaining our belief in the real presence of Christ, “We call this food Eucharist; and so no one else it permitted to partake of it, except one who believes our teaching to be true. For not as common bread nor common drink do we receive these; but since Jesus Christ our Savior was made in incarnate by the word of God and had both flesh and blood for our salvation, so too, as we have been taught, the food which has been made into the Eucharist by the Eucharistic prayer set down by Him, and by the change of which our blood and flesh is nourished, is both the Flesh and Blood of that incarnated Jesus.” (chapter 66, verse 20)

I got all that from Fr. John Gerth of FL. You rock, Fr. J!!

So basically, only the consecreated Eucharist will fill you, as you've found, and we should stick to it!! :D

Sarah

What is the First Commandment?

The First Commandment is, "I am the Lord Thy God. Thou shalt not have strange Gods before Me."

What are we commanded to do by the First Commandment?

By the First Commandment we are commanded to worship the one, true and living God by Faith, Hope, Charity and True Religion.

What are the sins against the Faith?

The sins against Faith are believing in a false religion, willful doubt, disbelief or denial of any article of the Faith, and also culpable ignorance of the doctrines of the Church.

How do we expose ourselves to the danger of losing our Faith?

We expose ourselves to the danger of losing our Faith by sinning, failing to pray, failing to study our Faith, neglecting our spiritual duties, reading bad books going to non-Catholic schools and taking part in the services or prayers of a false religion.

"...Catholics believe that their own Church is the only one founded by God Himself and that all others are false. Hence, it is illogical of Catholics to attend services held by ministers of false religions. If for a sufficient reason anyone wishes to attend a service in a Prtestant church, (e.g., the marriage of a close friend or relative), he must take no part in the service."

This Is The Faith, Canon Francis Ripley pp. 65-66, 70; (Imprimatur, Richard/Liverpool, Ebgland; 1951)

Of course funerals would be included. And I'd assume "taking no part" in the service means interiorly as well.