An Old School Catholic Message Board

Me No Like College

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

Yeah, so I'm a freshman at Indiana University (read party school), but I think I'm growing closer to some vocation. I was reading up on Oblates last year and for some reason the idea of becoming one hit me again a few weeks ago. I don't even really know why, but I went and printed how to live [i]the life[/i] again, and I think it really helps with the whole college life. I know why I came to IU and I know how I want to achieve that so just keeping my eye on the prize is really helping. And praying the Hours rocks, espically on hard days. "O God, come to our aid. O Lord, make haste to help us...."

[quote name='track2004' date='Oct 10 2004, 09:28 PM'] Yeah, so I'm a freshman at Indiana University (read party school), but I think I'm growing closer to some vocation. I was reading up on Oblates last year and for some reason the idea of becoming one hit me again a few weeks ago. I don't even really know why, but I went and printed how to live [i]the life[/i] again, and I think it really helps with the whole college life. I know why I came to IU and I know how I want to achieve that so just keeping my eye on the prize is really helping. And praying the Hours rocks, espically on hard days. "O God, come to our aid. O Lord, make haste to help us...." [/quote]
Will you send me via email the information you found??? I would love to read it!!!

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

I think after this year, I might transfer to a Catholic College a few hours away... It is a couple thousand less than my current institution and they look like they have an awesome Theology department... I'm going to be taking shelly_freak with me...

Things are beginning to look up! :)

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='Oct 13 2004, 07:10 PM'] I think after this year, I might transfer to a Catholic College a few hours away... It is a couple thousand less than my current institution and they look like they have an awesome Theology department... I'm going to be taking shelly_freak with me...

Things are beginning to look up! :) [/quote]
less money....awesome major....

sounds like a sweet deal to me

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='Andrea348' date='Oct 14 2004, 09:43 PM'] less money....awesome major....

sounds like a sweet deal to me [/quote]
Totally!

Especially if you are discerning! I wish I didn't have to try to get my loans covered (55,000) so that I could enter religious life! Lower cost is always good!

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='jgirl' date='Oct 14 2004, 10:45 PM'] Especially if you are discerning! I wish I didn't have to try to get my loans covered (55,000) so that I could enter religious life! Lower cost is always good! [/quote]
Woah! You got a lot of loan there!

Yeah, but in a way it was totally worth it. I went to Steubenville, and I realized this weekend that I needed to go there in order to find my vocation to the right order, so it was suggested that I beg for my money. I'm only responsible for half of that, so I am going to ask if my parents will take on my half, too (since my mom has gotten a way better job and been promoted since the original decision was made in 2000 when I started college). I figured I would have to work and enter sometime between 06-08, but it seems like I may be trying for July 05 now. I'm dropping the v-bomb and asking my parents on Halloween weekend when I go home, so if you want to pray for anything, that's something that needs to be prayed for (that my parents hearts are softened if this is God's will)

Jen

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='Oct 8 2004, 02:07 AM'] Yes, I can look at it like that. Thanks for the reminder! But I am willing to be faithful! I want to be His humble and loyal betrothed! ....

[/quote]
..... and lowly

[quote name='jgirl' date='Oct 15 2004, 12:16 AM'] Yeah, but in a way it was totally worth it. I went to Steubenville, and I realized this weekend that I needed to go there in order to find my vocation to the right order, so it was suggested that I beg for my money. I'm only responsible for half of that, so I am going to ask if my parents will take on my half, too (since my mom has gotten a way better job and been promoted since the original decision was made in 2000 when I started college). I figured I would have to work and enter sometime between 06-08, but it seems like I may be trying for July 05 now. I'm dropping the v-bomb and asking my parents on Halloween weekend when I go home, so if you want to pray for anything, that's something that needs to be prayed for (that my parents hearts are softened if this is God's will)

Jen [/quote]
Sounds really familiar. I was going to drop out of school in the middle of junior year to pay of my loans and enter this August actually, but my mom did not like the idea one bit. I'm glad I didn't because I would have missed out on so much and I would not be the person I am today.

The loans are stressfull. I do not have many out as you, but it is still stressfull to have that huge obstacle between you and your goal. I decided I need to work for a year once I graduate in May and if I need any more than that I will start begging for money.

Good luck with dropping the v-bomb on your parents. I had a hard time doing that, but it went better than I expected, although we haven't talked about it since. My prayers are with you. Let us know how it goes.

Yea, like andy, i can really vouch for Benedictine College. It's really doing great for me spiritually. Im in no theology classes yet (none fit into my schedule) but im recieving theology out the wazoo anyway! The Catholic prescence here is absolutely amazing. Let me or andy know if your interested.

-Joe