An Old School Catholic Message Board

Is There A List?

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

I'm looking for a list that has basically 2 catagories in it. One for Cloistered and one for Active religious orders...

Does anyone of something like that? It would be much appriciated!

God Bless and Mary Protect!

Angela

Gosh, I'd love to find one of those, as well. I've only been able to find combined lists. Have you looked at VISION guide? Also, are you leaning more towards active of cloistered? Any idea which order? Maybe I could be of more help then.

~Kathleen

Edited by ForHimAlone

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

I am leaning towards cloistered, but I haven't an idea which order... I know of several cloistered orders though...

A list would be nice simply because I can look through it and see what there is.

Yeah, I know what you're talking about with wanting a list. I've been having to rely just one huge compilations of cloistered and active. If I find anything better, I'll let you know as soon as possible. I'm so confused right now because I feel drawn to aspects of the cloistered and the active orders. They both look so wonderful. -Sighs- The Lord is so good.

FaustinaVianney

Salvete! When I was looking at orders (before I found that I wanted to enter in Nashville) I wrote 'the Nuns' at EWTN. They sent me a good list of active and contemplative orders. I am sure they would do the same for you girls too! I would offer to send mine to you, but I have already given it away...Also, the cmswr has a good book with addresses with pictures and such of good orders. I know what you mean about the list..that is why I wrote ewtn.
*HUGS-n-PEAVE*
FV

FaustinaVianney

Sorry for the delay...Yes, their address should be on the website, that is how I got in touch with them. Basically you can email anyone with your address at EWTN and they will get it to the right people..
*HUGS-n-PEACE*
FV

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='FaustinaVianney' date='Oct 12 2004, 11:51 PM'] Sorry for the delay...Yes, their address should be on the website, that is how I got in touch with them. Basically you can email anyone with your address at EWTN and they will get it to the right people..
*HUGS-n-PEACE*
FV [/quote]
Sorry, but is the address for EWTN itself the same as the Monestary, or do they have a different address...?