An Old School Catholic Message Board

confused

Noel's angel

Noel's angel

hi, for the past while ive been thinking about my vocation in life and what this may be. ive been increasingly drawn towards God in the last while and i have been checking out different religious orders, but im not sure whether im chosing the right vocation. should i leave it and get on with life and see if there is still that little flicker or should i try and act upon it now?

i hope i made sense there, sorry if i didnt

yours in faith,

Beth

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

Go before the Blessed Sacrament as often as possiable and start talking with someone about this. It will help you discern!

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

Do I not count as a person? :sadder:

It's allright... :D

And you aren't the one choosing the vocation. God chosses it for you and it is your job to discern it and follow it. Now discerning is the hard part. I encourage you to go about life as normal, but visit the Blessed Sacrament as often as possiable and PRAY, PRAY, PRAY! You will learn the will of GOd through prayer! Also, find someone to speak with, a spiritual director so to say.

I hope that helps...

Fiat_Voluntas_Tua

Noel...Do you have a Spiritual Director? If not you should get the hook-ups...If you have a close friend who is a sister or a priest they would probably be more than happy to help you out...

Totus Tuus,

Andy

Noel,

Do take more time for discernment. But do remember the period after you make the decision, to enter either seminary, or postulancy-novitiate-temporary vows are for the purpose of discernment. And there is no better way to discern then to obsorb yourself in that life and that calling to see if it resonates within you. I hope this helps. But do take some time and see where the spirit leads you.

pax,
Tony

Edited by PaxVobis

Something that really helps a lot of people is to go on a retreat with a religious order and check it out.

One I went to last May was in Ann Arbor, Michigan with the Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist. In fact, that's where I'm planning to enter. There are a lot of young women at these retreats, usually about 50-100. Most of them are descerning religious life, but many are not. It is an amazing retreat centered around Eucharistic Adoration.

The next one is in a couple of weeks, October 23-24. If you are interested you might check out their website, www.SistersofMary.org and look in the 'Events' section.

Thank you very much everyone, btw, u can call me Beth. I dont have a spiritual director, but ill talk to my priest, thanks :D