An Old School Catholic Message Board

Which of these are you discerning for?

Paladin D

Which of these are you discerning, or already have chosen?  

111 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I apologize, I don't know if there are diocesan Brothers, Nuns, Deacons, or Monks. If I missed anything, I added [b]Other[/b] as an option.

I'm discerning the Diocesan Priesthood.

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

Sweet! We need more excellent Priests, and I'm sure you'd make an AWESOME one! God Bless you and your Vocation!

Fiat_Voluntas_Tua

discernment is an on-going process...something that should never leave us...even when we are dating we should still consider that we may be called to the Religous Life.

I think I will either be married or an orderly Priest.

Totus Tuus!

You said it, Fiat. Our lives should be a constant discernment process. We should always hold God's will in forefront of mind and heart. Just like blessed Theresa said how we can only do small things with great love, even the small things in life need to be contemplated with God in mind cuz, well, God [i]is[/i] love.

Anyhoo, Im open to anything but i think the orderly priesthood might holla for me. Not sure though. It would be pretty dope spin. :cool:

A really really cool vocation that really requires no "if", only "how" is the vocation of holiness. How 'bout it, eh?! We all got that calling! Pick up that cross! :shield:

el paz,

-Joe

[quote name='Andrea348' date='Oct 15 2004, 07:24 AM'] I had to vote for nun even though I'm discerning the sisterhood. I really don't think the cloister thing is for me. [/quote]
Aren't nuns part of the sisterhood? I'm confused.

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

Paladin: There are Sisters and Nuns...

Sisters are Active and Nuns are cloistered... That is the difference, but you call them all the same when speaking to them...

SLight differenece... ^_^

I am discerning either Diocesan or Religious, but more the Religious Life. I am looking into the [url="http://www.crosier.org"]Crosiers[/url], [url="http://www.benedictinemissionhouse.com"]Missionary Benedictines[/url], or the [url="http://www.opwest.org"]Dominicans[/url].

Edited by drewmeister2

I'm a little wuss and my parish priest keeps teasing me about it... I shouldn't say that, but for a while he kept on saying "you can mess around all you want with that discerning stuff, but this is where you'll end up" I think he finaly realized that the thought of the priesthood scares the carp out of me so he stoped. I know how important it is and how much responsibility it carries and while I have the number for a spiritual director it's still sitting there (as it has for a couple of weeks now) I want to call to know if I have the call. I love the girls too much and the thought of a family makes me happy specially when I think of having a loving wife by my side no matter what and a little child calling me daddy as he or she runs to my arms as I get home from work (cheesy, but it melts my heart and if you know me I am not the emotional kind). But then again who am I to say no if God is indeed calling me. As a Catholic male I just need to discern and find out for sure what God's will is for me.

Edited by cathoholic

[quote name='cathoholic' date='Oct 18 2004, 03:05 AM'] I want to call to know if I have the call. I love the girls too much and the thought of a family makes me happy specially when I think of having a loving wife by my side no matter what and a little child calling me daddy as he or she runs to my arms as I get home from work (cheesy, but it melts my heart and if you know me I am not the emotional kind). But then again who am I to say no if God is indeed calling me. As a Catholic male I just need to discern and find out for sure what God's will is for me. [/quote]
We're on the same boat. Priesthood sounds like a neat thing, but I don't know if it's just a temporary emotional state I'm in, or if it's God calling me. I want to know if I'm called to the priesthood or to the married life, if it be the married life I can use [b]film[/b] as a ministry.

I love girls too. :D

Amen broth'a :D , ultimately God's will shall prevail and if we don't enter the priesthood, we might end up raising a priest or nun (maybe even both). The goal is to raise saints and/or become saints no matter (or depending on) what calling God gives us.

I pray for U, U pray for me