An Old School Catholic Message Board

Which of these are you discerning for?

Paladin D

Which of these are you discerning, or already have chosen?  

111 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey, you forgot the concecrated life as well! :) its cool though, because is isn't as big i guess.... but here is a link to a community I am considering:
[url="http://www.regnumchristi.org"]Regnum Christi[/url]
[url="http://www.legionariesofchrist.org"]Legionaries of Christ[/url]

The Legionaries, I think, is an order for men and Regnum Christi is an ecclesial movement. For more info, go to [url="http://www.vocation.com"]Vocation[/url]

• 2 weeks later...

I am still in the process of discerning wether I have a religious vocation at all. Sometimes I think it is more my will to be a nun than God's. Sometimes I feel that God wants me to raise future religious rather than be one myself. At all times I'm very impatient with God. I am like a child who can't wait to open the gifts under the Christmas tree. I want to know what God wrapped up for me... right NOW!

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Fool4Christ' date='Dec 16 2004, 12:54 AM'] I am still in the process of discerning wether I have a religious vocation at all. Sometimes I think it is more my will to be a nun than God's. Sometimes I feel that God wants me to raise future religious rather than be one myself. At all times I'm very impatient with God. I am like a child who can't wait to open the gifts under the Christmas tree. I want to know what God wrapped up for me... right NOW! [/quote]
I can totally relate to you right now....I've been thinking maybe all my vocational discernment is to help others. I don't know. Right now my plan is to get a job and start thinking about a place to live, but mostly staying debt free so that if I do determine I'm being called to be a nun, I can drop everything and go.

littleflower+JMJ

we had a wonderful sister come and give a talk at our parish....she prayed over all the students and talked with them personally.....she says she felt alot of vocations would come from our parish....

i was excited!!! let us continue praying for vocations! :D

• 4 years later...
VeniteAdoremus

Phatmass archeology - dig up the oldest thread you can find? :)

I'm miffed that there isn't an option for active religious.

In The Arms of The Lord

Cloistered Nun! Discalced Carmelites ... where I will meet my Beloved in the desert. To be alone with Him. :love:

the lords sheep

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1768432' date='Feb 1 2009, 04:35 PM']Phatmass archeology - dig up the oldest thread you can find? :)

I'm miffed that there isn't an option for active religious.[/quote]

:D I'm over it.

I voted "nun" and I'm planning to be an active religious... just to clear it up.

Religious Sister. I chose "nun" too, even though I knew that was technically incorrect. I've been told all nuns are sisters, but not all sisters are nuns. :

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='ReginaCoeli' post='1769941' date='Feb 2 2009, 10:53 PM']Religious Sister. I chose "nun" too, even though I knew that was technically incorrect. I've been told all nuns are sisters, but not all sisters are nuns. :[/quote]

Completely correct. :)

To keep it simple, we generally call the cloistered sisters nuns and the uncloistered, "active" sisters religious sisters. This is not exactly true but a handy convention nevertheless. :)