An Old School Catholic Message Board

Married Life

Guest Aluigi

which is why i said i was getting way ahead of myself

anyway, i've got about all i wanted from this conversation. i'm not entering seminary, i don't have it in my mind whether or not i'm called to the married life, and as far as i'm concerned this is the girl for me if there's anyone meant for me (not just infatuation, i asked myself all them questions from Mr. Cube)

i thank you all for your advice, but no one really quite understood what i was talking about. perhaps Mr. Cube was the coolest post here though :cool:

-pax-

Well, with the quality of women I meet in Chicago these days, I'm surprised there is a priest shortage!

I don't know how old you are, although you give me the impression that you are in college, but this is all part of the discernment process. As far as the "I can't imagine married life with anyone else", that could be a sign you will need to seriously pray and think about if you decide to pursue her. I will caution you this, though, if it doesn't work out you could be in for a letdown. I myself had an experience at a 3rd of July fireworks party thrown by a friend from the Opus Dei parish in which the skies opened and the light seemed to shine down from heaven like on th eChristmas tree in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation) on one particularly attractive lady at the party. Guess what? She left town to enter a convent to discern a vocation! (At least I lost out to a better Man. Although I hear she's back in town, so MKMC, if you're on the board, PM me...)

[quote name='Aluigi' date='Nov 19 2004, 06:49 PM'] which is why i said i was getting way ahead of myself

anyway, i've got about all i wanted from this conversation. i'm not entering seminary, i don't have it in my mind whether or not i'm called to the married life, and as far as i'm concerned this is the girl for me if there's anyone meant for me (not just infatuation, i asked myself all them questions from Mr. Cube)

i thank you all for your advice, but no one really quite understood what i was talking about. perhaps Mr. Cube was the coolest post here though :cool:

-pax- [/quote]
I'm going with the flow, and everyday (unless I forget) I ask God to help me discern my vocation in life. I try not to think too much of the future if I can, because then I go nuts.

AfroNova No Limit Soldier

[quote name='Aluigi' date='Nov 19 2004, 05:49 PM'] which is why i said i was getting way ahead of myself

-pax- [/quote]
don't become disinterested because these are things that are hard to swallow.

I'm not exceptionally intelligent, wise, beautiful, or holy.

But to say we don't understand what you are talking about is wrong. A lot of good people responded to your post because we care & we've had similar experiences. St. Paul says in the Bible that you don't have to experience things 1st hand to actually experience them. Our Blessed Mother probably felt like she was dying on the cross with Jesus, too.

You are not entering the seminary. Period? End of discussion? Surely not. You can't be 100%. To say so would be arrogant. As far as you're concerned, this is the girl for you? How can you be 100% sure? Tell me! Because I'm not 100% sure about most things, and I'm not 100% sure about anything concerning myself. I am fickle & sinful.

But I trust. And sometimes that's all I can do.

Lord, I believe. Help my unbelief.

I don't care if I'm cool. You can vote me the uncoolest, ugliest, dorkiest, fattest, pimple-iest person on phatmass. I just want to be a saint.

A seminarian taught us that we should not ask God, "Lord, do you want me to be a priest?" But we should simply ask him, "Lord, what do you want me to do?"

May we follow wherever He leads.

JMJ

AfroNova No Limit Soldier

[quote name='Aluigi' date='Nov 20 2004, 05:12 PM'] u don't understand what i'm talking about because this is the internet and i was just blabbering on [/quote]
then why did you make this post?

you said in the very beginning that you welcome comments "unless I don't like your comments, then I won't welcome them."

So this post is for edification then, correct? Obviously you didn't like my comments so now you want to close this post.

JMJ

i posted some ramblings, got some insight from you, but my ramblings barely scratch the surface of my case and i found some of your points not applicable to me... so i went away merry. let the thread die, you've said all you can say unless I were to deepen all of yalls knowledge into my private affairs in which case you'd prolly have a lot more to say, perhaps completely different things.