An Old School Catholic Message Board

My First Visit to A Convent!

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

Hey! Just thought I would let you know that mom is letting me go visit the wonderful DOminican Contemplative Sisters in Lockport, Louisiana! I'll be there from Jan. 13 until the 17th! I'll let you know all about it when I come back! Untill then, my countdown!!!!!!

Days left until my Visit:

14 days...

Praise God!! I'm so glad your mother has changed her mind about you visiting the convent. I've always enjoyed meeting sisters in person, they are even more wonderful than I could have imagined. Enjoy your trip and hope to here all about it when you get back.

Angela, I will definitely say some prayers for you! It's so cool to visit orders because you get to see them and what their life is like. It's one thing to talk to Sisters or write them letters, but when you see them on their home turf, you get to see what makes them who they are and how their life works.

I also thanks you for the countdown because that is how many days it is until I fly down to revisit the Sisters I am thinking of joining when I get my loans paid off. They said I will probably get to talk to their superior this time, so I am kind of nervous! Excited, but nervous!

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

That is great news jgirl! We can countdown together! I hope you have a wonderful time visiting "your" Sisters!