An Old School Catholic Message Board

Debts and Dowry

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

That's cool about the Laboure Foundation! I'm going to have to look into that as a way to help me to enter somewhere by 2006! Right now I have a high interest savings account for my "nun fund," but the foundation sounds pretty cool.

• 2 weeks later...

That was a good question futurenun, that really is an obsticle for joining the order after college, but I understand. Keep praying friends! When I wanted to go to a Come And See retreat for Regnum Christi (coming up in FEb.) my mom and I decided to go half on the flight, but then a few days later, my good friend called and said she would pay for the flight with her air milage card. Then, the youth minister for my parish gave me a Christmas present of paying for the retreat. It was so awesome ... "As and you shall recieve. Knock and the shall be opened."

Love,
Mel

Talk with your parish priest. there are many people who would be willing to help out to greater or lesser degree.

I hope you have better luck with the Labore Foundation, as I could never get them to return email or voice mails. they sound wonderful, but...

Lastly, most orders require postulants to cover their own insurance needs during the time of postulancy and or novitiate. Its not unusual.

peace...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, there's also the Frasier Family Foundation out of VA. I have to look in my old emails to find Corey's address. They are who I've applied with. I like this foundation much more b/c its less people involved. The FFF works like this: if they approve you for the grant, then they make your payments, and accelerate them once you take vows. And, five years after vows, the loans are done. Also, they keep in touch with how you're doing during formation.

If you're interested, I will find the email address. But, I don't want to put it on the air waves (for potential spam). So, please email me. Thanks.

To Jesus through Mary,
dee_lt4life