An Old School Catholic Message Board

What orders are you considering/with?

the_rev

God Conquers

The diocesan priesthood and the [url="http://www.companionscross.ca/whoweare3.htm"]Companions of the Cross[/url]

The Companions are one of the most incredible and fastest-growing new communities of priests.

One time when Fr. Bob, the founder had a meeting with Fr. Anthony of the Legion of Christ, one of the legionary fathers told a companion that the Legion was like the Army... but that the Companions were like Guerillas, they go places and do things that the regular army can not.

They are all awesome and holy... check them out! Watch the videos... even though they look a little early 90's.

[quote name='God Conquers' date='Mar 5 2005, 08:57 PM'] The diocesan priesthood and the [url="http://www.companionscross.ca/whoweare3.htm"]Companions of the Cross[/url]

The Companions are one of the most incredible and fastest-growing new communities of priests.

One time when Fr. Bob, the founder had a meeting with Fr. Anthony of the Legion of Christ, one of the legionary fathers told a companion that the Legion was like the Army... but that the Companions were like Guerillas, they go places and do things that the regular army can not.

They are all awesome and holy... check them out! Watch the videos... even though they look a little early 90's. [/quote]
The Companions look pretty cool. If I lived in Canada, I'd consider joining them.

[quote name='corban711' date='Mar 3 2005, 01:47 PM'] That's awesome! do you go to Steubenville by any chance? outside of this area, those are really the only people I know who know those Carmelite sisters. [/quote]
JMJ

Do you happen to know their charisms? I'm interested in learning more about these Carmelite Sisters.

Oh, and no, I don't go to Steubenville. I actually live in southern California; I met a few Sisters last summer at the Catholic Family Conference. I believe Sr. Scholastica was one of the Sisters we spoke to. Praise God!

God bless. Ave Maria!

Wow! 8 is AWESOME! I wonder how many girls are entering Nashville in August. Whoever says that the religious life is dying or needs to be morphed into goddess worship and perm and pantsuit wearing needs to be smacked!

I just hope somebody enters with me, but if not, I should still be uberhappy!

Also, to Ave Maria, I'm not sure if novices can write letters, but if they can, you should write to Sister Isabelle with questions about that Carmelite order. She's a first year novice there, and she is amazing. We used to say it was almost as if she floated.

FutureSoror

Yay!! We have another one on phatmass for the SMME! Were you at the retreat in October? Are you going to the one in May?

Edited by FutureSoror

Fiat_Voluntas_Tua

Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist

Amazing Order/Community! The Vocation Director talked in my Bendictine Spirituality (At Benedictine College in Atchison Kansas) class about the Eucharist and the Order.

Check them out...they are rock solid!