An Old School Catholic Message Board

What orders are you considering/with?

the_rev

FutureSoror

If I'm not mistaken, this is will be the 3rd year in a row that the Sisters of Mary will have 8 postulants entering.

Thanks for the welcome! :)

I have been to the past two October retreats ('04 and '03), and even made it up this past February, 'cause a friend from school was driving up, so it turned out to be quite a Godsend! We had the wonderful opportunity to observe the Sisters teaching at the school, and I got my papers!!! :cyclops: :lol:

ForHimAlone

My dearest friend, Mary, is planning on entering with the Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist this fall, too! She is SO excited. They're not for me, but from what I've seen and heard, they look like an absolutely amazing community!! So passionate for Christ and His Church.

FutureSoror

[quote name='crusader03' date='Mar 16 2005, 08:58 AM'] Thanks for the welcome! :)

I have been to the past two October retreats ('04 and '03), and even made it up this past February, 'cause a friend from school was driving up, so it turned out to be quite a Godsend! We had the wonderful opportunity to observe the Sisters teaching at the school, and I got my papers!!! :cyclops: :lol: [/quote]
I probably saw you last October, then. :) That's so exciting that you got your papers! I can't get mine until next October. It's fast approaching, though...

ForHimAlone - where are you from? Tell your friend Mary that I'm always praying specially for the Sisters (present and future!!), and am thrilled to hear that there are more of us! :)

FutureSoror - yes, I probably did see you at that retreat! And I'm so glad to hear you'll be there in October... first retreat on the "other side"... it'll be sooo nice to have people I've met before there!!!

www.passionistnuns.org if you live in the Kentuckiana area.. check them out. They are a WONDERFUL group of nuns. I have known them about 3 years now.

I also have been praying about the Little Sisters of the Poor. I have come to know them more in the past year. I love the elderly and I could use my degree with them.

And I've felt a draw to visit the Franciscan Sisters of the Renewal- but when does a person from IN get to NY... not much!!!!!

I've enjoyed hearing about your alls vocations-- it's allowed me to see other orders out there. Thanks!!!!! :D

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='JuCa' date='Mar 17 2005, 08:53 PM'] www.passionistnuns.org if you live in the Kentuckiana area.. check them out. They are a WONDERFUL group of nuns. I have known them about 3 years now. [/quote]
I've been e-mailing them for a bit now... They sound really cool :cool:

Catholictothecore

right now, more than ever, I think I'm open to the Carmelites. The world doesn't want preaching; it can silence that...NOTHING STOPS PRAYERS!

[quote name='Catholictothecore' date='Mar 18 2005, 07:31 PM'] right now, more than ever, I think I'm open to the Carmelites. The world doesn't want preaching; it can silence that...NOTHING STOPS PRAYERS! [/quote]
The world doesn't WANT preaching....it NEEDS the Preaching of the Gospel more than ever....this is why the charism of the Dominican Order is SO IMPORTANT...because you are correct. The world needs prayer and silence, which is why Carmelite nuns are needed for the world...and why the vocation of the Dominican Nun is so crucially important, too. Because Dominican nuns ponder the Word, intercede for the world and support the preaching of the Friars by their prayer and sacrifice. All preaching is "sounding brass" unless it is born from the silence of contemplation. "Silentium, pater Praedicatorum". Silence is the father of Preachers.
It's not "either or" but "both-and". Our world is thirsting for the Word of God but it doesn't know it. It needs both vocations. Also, carmelites like Dominicans are very apostolic. :rolleyes:

I agree with you, Susan. The world truly needs both. Let's not forget about Franciscans.... after all, it was St. Francis who gave the perfect medium to this whole debate: "Preach the Gospel at all times. When necessary, use words."

:)

catholicflower

I have been thinking either the Domincians of Nashville or Mary, Mother of ther Eucharist. I'm going on retreat with SMME this spring. I am really excited!