An Old School Catholic Message Board

Religious Founders...

the_rev

Ave Maris Stella will be doing a Three Month Special Series, (One a month) on religious founders, starting in may.

If you could help me out with founders of some well known religious founders, I'd appreciate it.

So far I have:

Fr. Benedict Groshel (Franciscan Friars of the Renewl)

Fr. Marciel Maciel (Legionaires of Christ and Regnum Christi)

Mother Angelica (Sisters of Perpetual Adoration)

That is what I have, so far.

Now I need people to do some research and write a 300-600 word bio on each. I will Marciel Maciel becasue I like the Legion!

Thakns for your help.

I will be doing Six founders in each, so I need about 18 founders in all for hte special series.

Thanks a lot!

Eddie

I can tell you a fairly good amount about Bl. Fr. James Alberione, founder of the Pauline orders (Daughters of St. Paul, etc.). Ven. Mother Techla Merlo was the co-foundress of the Daughters of St. Paul. It looks like you're wanting info on living founders, though.

Bl. Damien the Leper Priest founded an order and who is the founder of the Priests of the Sacred Heart.

Maybe we will will do nine if I get a big whole list.

I would [i]definitely[/i] recommend that you or someone else write about the founder of the Fathers of Mercy.

drewmeister2

Father Andreas Amrhein founded the Missionary Benedictines. You can find out more about him if you go to www.benedictinemissionhouse.com, and look under Benedictine History. God bless!

I'm going to use the Vocations board to promote these issues. I"m making another thread for the May Issue.

God Conquers

Fr. Bob Bedard!!!!! Founder of the Companions of the Cross! He's an incredible and holy man!

Would you like to write a bio about him.... You'd have til June since I have the ten founders picked out for May

[quote name='the_rev' date='Mar 6 2005, 09:27 PM'] Ave Maris Stella will be doing a Three Month Special Series, (One a month) on religious founders, starting in may.

If you could help me out with founders of some well known religious founders, I'd appreciate it.

So far I have:

Fr. Benedict Groshel (Franciscan Friars of the Renewl)

Fr. Marciel Maciel (Legionaires of Christ and Regnum Christi)

Mother Angelica (Sisters of Perpetual Adoration)

That is what I have, so far.

Now I need people to do some research and write a 300-600 word bio on each. I will Marciel Maciel becasue I like the Legion!

Thakns for your help.

I will be doing Six founders in each, so I need about 18 founders in all for hte special series.

Thanks a lot!

Eddie [/quote]
Neat idea. Hmm. Mother Angelica is not the foundress of the PCPA. Go to their website and there is info about the foundress of their branch of Poor Clares.
Hey, how 'bout St. Dominic? :P