An Old School Catholic Message Board

NEW POPE WILL INFURIATE “PROGRESSIVES”

MC Just

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Apr 19 2005, 07:57 PM'] nah they are contracepting themselves away... [/quote]
ROTFL-That is hilarious and so true.

Mateo el Feo

[quote name='Cam42' date='Apr 20 2005, 06:46 AM'] A priest friend of mine....who you might know, so I will not reveal the name, however, I can say that after a phone conversation yesterday, he told me that the election of this man is the worst thing to happen to the Church. He said that it will set the Church back 200 years.

Oh well....liberals, liberals, liberals.....they do hate orthodoxy.

Cm [/quote]
A dissident local nun said in an interview on local news that Jesus wasn't happy with the election of Benedict XVI. Interestingly, the papal election was made under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. One of two things is possible:

1) Either this nun rejects the fact that the Cardinals were guided by the Holy Spirit; or,
2) Jesus and the Holy Spirit have disagreed on something.

Or maybe this nun lost her faith and needs God's grace to find it again...

I've heard that certain German Lutherans have been going round telling disaffected Catholics what to do about the new Pope - something to do with nailing pieces of paper to bits of wood IIRC :)

Yours in Christ

Matt

JP2Iloveyou

It is so sad that many of the dissenters are Jesuits. The great order founded by St. Ignatius of Loyola to combat heresy, the order that takes a fourth vow swearing obedience to the pope, is among the leaders of those criticizing him.

Realize, I am NOT indicting all Jesuits here. There are many good Jesuits: Fr. Mitch Pacwa, His Emminence Avery Cardinal Dulles, His Excellency Bishop Robert Morlino, and a very good priest friend of mine who teaches at the Gregorian University in Rome. All of these men are orthodox, holy, solid Jesuits who are embracing what their order originally had in mind.

Also, I am getting a kick out of all the people calling Cardinal Ratzinger "conservative." Folks, he is not conservative. I suppose if you define conservative as being unwilling to contradict the teachings of the Church on doctrinal issues or change the liturgy however you dang well please, he is conservative. However, I don't see Benedict as a coservative. I see him as Catholic. He supports and upholds the teachings of the Church. He is Catholic. Those that want all the Church's moral teachings to change are simply not Catholic. you might call them quasi-Catholic, but they are going to wake up one of these days thinking the Church has left them, and then they will realize that in reality they left the Church a long time ago.

I am absolutely thrilled with the election of this pope. The progressive dissident movement in the Church has just had its coffin slammed shut and a dagger stuck in it. They are a dying movement and they know it. Those days are OVER folks!

I find it odd how the "mainstream" media on its reports on the new Pope and his impact on the Church, keeps bringing up the opinions of self-described "lapsed Catholics" (invariably liberal). If one is a lapsed Catholic, he is no longer Catholic! Why should the Pope try to conform to the opinions of those who have lost the Faith???

[quote name='Socrates' date='Apr 20 2005, 12:14 PM'] I find it odd how the "mainstream" media on its reports on the new Pope and his impact on the Church, keeps bringing up the opinions of self-described "lapsed Catholics" (invariably liberal). If one is a lapsed Catholic, he is no longer Catholic! Why should the Pope try to conform to the opinions of those who have lost the Faith??? [/quote]
yeah i know. It's pretty sickening.

I got a kick out of this editorial cartoon:

[url="http://www.al.com/opinion/birminghamnews/cartoons/041905_stantisb.jpg"]http://www.al.com/opinion/birminghamnews/c...05_stantisb.jpg[/url]

I'm not quite sure what the protesters expected from a Catholic conclave - a liberal Protestant lesbian Pope?

Yours in Christ

Matt

[quote name='Matt Black' date='Apr 21 2005, 05:30 AM'] I'm not quite sure what the protesters expected from a Catholic conclave - a liberal Protestant lesbian Pope?

Yours in Christ

Matt [/quote]
:rotfl: :sweat:

toledo_jesus

[quote name='JP2Iloveyou' date='Apr 20 2005, 12:20 PM'] It is so sad that many of the dissenters are Jesuits. The great order founded by St. Ignatius of Loyola to combat heresy, the order that takes a fourth vow swearing obedience to the pope, is among the leaders of those criticizing him.

[/quote]
they've been suppressed before, they can be suppressed again.

RandomProddy

[quote name='toledo_jesus' date='Apr 21 2005, 02:33 PM'] they've been suppressed before, they can be suppressed again. [/quote]
Oh come on..

return2truth

I am a realistic progressive. I believe in the progress of things that CAN evolve for the better: politics, technology, economics, etc. But God's revealed Word is definitive; it is perfect because the Word is God and God is infallible. Now our personal understanding is open to human flaws and biases, so we must endeavor to support that progress which will bring us to a greater appreciation and comprehension of the Word.

marboniface

[quote name='jezic' date='Apr 19 2005, 05:05 PM'] the storm is coming, there might never be another calm [/quote]
"The new Pope will infuriate progressives!!???"

Every good pope has infuriated every dissenter or rebel in the faith since the Church was founded. To say that the new pope will infuriate is to say that the new pope is a good pope. And to say that progressives will be infuriated, is to say that they will be frustrated that they could not pervert the Catholic Church.

What I find surprising is that 'progressives', 'rebels', 'heretics' etc. never learn from the mistakes of other such types who have tried to attack the Church over many centuries and have failed. They often even seem to be surprised that they don't get their way, while claiming to be well versed in Christian history.

Admittedly I was shocked the first few times I was exposed to people, living within the heart of the Catholic Church who seemed to want to destroy this House of God. But I have noticed since then that they will be among the faithful, as weeds among wheat until the last day. The only thing I try to do now is to avoid such people, as they are often quite destructive and angry (probably because they inevitably end up frustrated), and because the company of the Our Lord, the Blessed Virgin Mary, the Saints, angels and the faithful is so much more pleasant.

Marboniface