An Old School Catholic Message Board

Some of EWTN's PCPA'S are forming a new community

Andrea348

I was just on the PCPA's website and there are a group of five nuns that are going to be starting a new community of PCPA's in Arizona. I get so excited about things like these. Check out the website:

[url="http://www.desertnuns.com"]www.desertnuns.com[/url]

I can't wait to hear the good they will be doing out in their new home.

God Bless them on their new adventure!

Edited by Andrea348

Yes! I know the sisters who are leaving. It's really exciting.

btw- EWTN and the PCPA's aren't related. It just happened to be that Mother Angelica founded EWTN and her nuns worked there for many years. But now they are pretty much seperate. God bless :)

[quote name='Totus Tuus' date='Apr 23 2005, 07:38 PM'] btw- EWTN and the PCPA's aren't related. It just happened to be that Mother Angelica founded EWTN and her nuns worked there for many years. But now they are pretty much seperate. God bless :) [/quote]
yeah i know....i prolly should have said Alabama

oops

Isn't the Scripture verse from Hosea they chose on the site so pertinent and beautiful for their move... "I will allure her; I will lead her into the desert and speak to her heart".
I think their presence there will be such a blessing. Maybe one day I'll get transferred there... ^_^

[quote name='Totus Tuus' date='Apr 24 2005, 03:26 PM'] "I will allure her; I will lead her into the desert and speak to her heart." [/quote]
:wub:

• 4 weeks later...
Marieteresa

Hey Guys and Gals,
The PCPA out in Arizona have put together a wishlist of items they need. If anyone can donate or knows of anyone whom would be willing to donate anything please contact them at pcpa@desertnuns.com.

Our Lady of Solitude Wish List

Chapel Needs

1. Priest Patens
2. Matching Statues
of Sts. Francis and Clare for Chapel
3. Advent Candle Wreath
4. Paschal Candle Holder
5. Stations of the Cross

Household Needs
1. Hot Water Heater
2. Refrigerator/Freezer
3. Security System
4. Washer/Dryer
5. Furniture

Also, we would be very grateful to receive gift certificates to Office Max, Home Depot, Wal-Mart, Linens-n-Things, Sears Superstore, Safe-Way Grocery Store

Poor Clares of Perpetual Adoration

Our Lady of Solitude Monastery

PO Box 92

1 St. Joseph Road

Black Canyon City, AZ 85324

Marieteresa

[quote name='ambrose' date='May 21 2005, 02:08 AM'] I have a large statue of Mary- do you think they'd like me to donate it? [/quote]
Well it wouldn't hurt to try...Why don't you email them and see if they can use it.
S. Brooks

Marieteresa

Hey everyone,
I am just curious about how many of you guys are thinking about or even planning on going out to Arizona.

In Jesus, Our Blessed Mother and Joseph,
S. Brooks

Birgitta Noel
:( I tried to sign up for the newsletter when it's available, but got a page no found error on the confirmation...I wonder if it went through? Sigh....

But how wonderful, that verse from Hosea is the one my spiritual director is always quoting to me!

THIS IS SOOOOOOOOOOO COOL!

I get way excited about this kind of stuff too! I want to go paten shopping lol But, they're pricey I assume.

Thanks for this news flash! I appreciate!!!

Marieteresa

[quote name='Marieteresa' date='May 18 2005, 04:51 PM']Hey Guys and Gals,
The PCPA out in Arizona have put together a wishlist of items they need.  If anyone can donate or knows of anyone whom would be willing to donate anything please contact them at pcpa@desertnuns.com.

Our Lady of Solitude Wish List

Chapel Needs

1. Priest Patens
2. Advent Candle Wreath
3. Paschal Candle Holder
4. Stations of the Cross

Household Needs
1. Hot Water Heater
2. Security System
3. Furniture
4. Desks for workroom
5. Couch with pull-out bed
6. Donation for window blinds
7. Automatic (not stick shift) pick-up truck for hauling

Also, we would be very grateful to receive gift certificates to Office Max, Home Depot, Wal-Mart, Linens-n-Things, Sears Superstore, Safe-Way Grocery Store

Donations for Our Lady of Solitude Monastery are gratefully accepted.  Checks may be made payable to Sr. Marie André and sent to:

Poor Clares of Perpetual Adoration
Our Lady of Solitude Monastery
1 St. Joseph Road
PO Box 92
Black Canyon City, AZ 85324[/quote]
Hey they updated there list!

Marieteresa

Hey girlies,

Well I got a chance to talk to Sr. Fidelis today and it seems like I will be going to visit them out in Arizona the first or second week of July. I have to call them back and confirm everything but Lord willing I will be heading out to Arizona for a couple of days. It was really good to talk to Sr. Fidelis for a couple of minutes about the monastery and everything. I think she told me that there are something like 10 girls interested in visiting them. Also they have been super busy so if anyone has emailed them and has not gotten a response she said to email them once more. Anyway, I am so HAPPY that I am finally getting a chance to go out to Arizona!

S. Brooks

• 4 weeks later...
Marieteresa

Hey peeps,

Just an update on the Nuns out in Arizona, there having an welcoming event and everyone's invited.....That is if your close to or will be visiting Phoenix.

S.Brooks

Upcoming Event

We would like to invite you to attend a Mass welcoming our Community into the diocese.

It will be June 25 at 5:30 pm at St. Simon and Jude Cathedral.

It will also be airing both Live and Encore on EWTN, so if you can't make it to Phoenix, be sure to tune in to watch/listen to it.