An Old School Catholic Message Board

Some of EWTN's PCPA'S are forming a new community

Andrea348

Marieteresa

[quote name='Totus Tuus' date='Jun 20 2005, 12:55 PM']It will also be airing both Live and Encore on EWTN, so if you can't make it to Phoenix, be sure to tune in to watch/listen to it.
[right][snapback]616934[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Thats so awesome!! I did not know that they were doing that!!
Thats for the info hon

In Jesus, Our Blessed Mother and Joseph,
S. Brooks

Yeah, I'm so excited to watch it. If you go here: [url="http://www.ewtn.com/tv/G1Radvance2.htm"]http://www.ewtn.com/tv/G1Radvance2.htm[/url]
and scroll down, you will find the information. God bless.

FiatLux1860

Wow! Looks like there'll be a lot of good stuff on this weekend. Thanks so much for the info. You know I really wish I could be there to see it in person!

Marieteresa

Hey Guys,

The nuns out in Phoenix need your prayers!! :( There is a huge brush fire actually the largest one in Arizona history heading toward the place where the nuns are residing. They may be forced to evacuate tonight or tomorrow......So please keep them in your prayers this evening and tomorrow. May God's Holy will be done!

Info on the brush fire [url="http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/index.php?sty=43751"]http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/index.php?sty=43751[/url]

Also one of the sisters was bitten by a rattlesnake a couple of weeks ago....Thanks be to God she has fully recovered and is doing fine. :P

S. Brooks

My goodness, I cannot believe I forgot to tell you guys that Sr. Mary Joanna was bitten by a rattlesnake. Thanks for bringing that up!

ThyHolyLove

My heart and most fervent prayers go out to the nuns and their neighbors! The Sisters have certainly had their share of trials since their move! Please keep us posted!

Totus Tuus

Did we ever find out if they had to evacuate or not? I'm really curious... I hope they're okay!

Marieteresa

[quote name='Totus Tuus' date='Jul 3 2005, 05:32 PM']Did we ever find out if they had to evacuate or not? I'm really curious... I hope they're okay!
[right][snapback]630855[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I talked to Sr. Marie St. Paul yesterday and I received and email from Sr. Fidelis and Thanks be to God they didnt have to evacuate! But there property is still being used as a firestation for the time being. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Not really, just that the sisters are still in need of giftcards and monetary donations. They had their welcoming Mass a couple of weeks ago, and Mother Vicar came from OLAM to be with them :) That's all I know, but mariatheresa may know more.

Thy Kingdom Come!
Option feast of Blessed Teresa de los Andes

The bishop up in Arizona where the are was once on EWTN, I found him very inspiring! Just thought I'd share!

[i]Yours in Christ, [/i]

Eddie Lee

Marieteresa

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='Jul 13 2005, 09:11 AM']I wonder how things are...  Any updates?
[right][snapback]641841[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Well, I talked to Sr. Fidelis last week and things have been pretty great there. The sisters are having a priest come and visit for a couple of months. It looks like they will not be able to accept new applicants until a monastery is built which will be a year or so from now. It looks like it will be around September or so when they would allow those interested to visit the community. The sisters hope to inquire about starting up silent retreats again.....They don't know right now if the retreats will be open to priests only or to laypeople as well. They should have more information about silent retreats posted on there website in September or October. Lastly if anyone is interested or knows anyone who might be willling to help the sisters don't hesitate to send them an email.

S. Brooks

• 2 weeks later...
Marieteresa

Update:

The Nuns are off to California for a 5 day retreat and Praise be to God they are finally getting a A/C installed!! I can't image how they were living in AZ for that long without A/C its been in the 100's!! There also getting some major repairs done on the place where they are residing. Please keep them in your prayers!!

ThyHolyLove

Awww that's great about the Sisters! Yea, I was wondering how they were doing in Arizona with that horrible heat wave! I love the long habit, but I think I would go bonkers with it!