An Old School Catholic Message Board

New Paths

Paphnutius

Paphnutius

[quote name='Pio Nono' date='May 2 2005, 08:15 PM'] No, gluttons for punishment become [i]Carthusians[/i]. ;)

Well, I suppose I am "starting anew" this fall - I'll be heading up to Mundelein in Chicago for four more years of seminary. I'll be ordained to the priesthood in 2009, [i]Deo volente[/i] [/quote]
Lol true...

Hey you will probably meet some of my friend from Conception that are graduating this year and will be going up there. What diocese are you from?

[quote name='Pio Nono' date='May 2 2005, 08:15 PM']

No, gluttons for punishment become [i]Carthusians[/i]. ;)

[/quote]
i don't get it .....

JMJ
5/3 - Sts. Philip and James the Less

I'm from the Diocese of Evansville, Indiana.

I'm not a priest yet, I'm just a seminarian - I'm an ordinary joe, like you, just discerning a call to the priesthood. I have four more years of seminary life before I get ordained.

And the joke is that Carthusians are known worldwide for their extreme penances - thus, the joke is that they're gluttons for punishment. ;)

You're from Evansville? And you're still in seminary? Are you in an order or for the diocese?

[quote name='Antonius' date='May 3 2005, 09:56 PM'] You're from Evansville? And you're still in seminary? Are you in an order or for the diocese? [/quote]
JMJ
5/4 - Sixth Wednesday of Easter

Yes, I'm from the Evansville diocese and have been in seminary for four years (four more planned). I'm studying for the diocese itself, not an order.

Scratch me off the new paths list.

I am postponing my entrance until July 16, 2006--a decision which I am very happy about (even though I would love to enter, having one more year for a last Christmas and other lasts is nicer!)

Paphnutius

[quote name='jgirl' date='May 11 2005, 10:22 PM'] Scratch me off the new paths list.

I am postponing my entrance until July 16, 2006--a decision which I am very happy about (even though I would love to enter, having one more year for a last Christmas and other lasts is nicer!) [/quote]
I am glad that you have peace with your choice. That is something that I think many people struggle with. Rest assured though, they will still be there when you decide to join. ;)

ThyHolyLove

I just wanted to say that today I prayed for all you phatmassers entering religious life this year! I'm so excited for you all! May the Holy Spirit keep guiding and protecting you all.......

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='Paphnutius' date='May 11 2005, 03:28 PM'] Both to bump and share that I was fitted for my habit today! :D :D :D [/quote]
Awesome!!!!! Yeah... I don't think anything will be happening for me this summer except for maybe another visit or two ;)