An Old School Catholic Message Board

Girls: What communities have you contacted?

SarahB

[quote name='jiyoung' post='1065758' date='Sep 18 2006, 01:50 AM']
Add another order to the list now: I've been in very close contact with the Carmelites in Alhambra, CA for the past year, but this November I'm going on a come-and-see with the SMME in Ann Arbor--the same order so many people here know and love :) A friend of mine is actually a new postuland there, too, so I'll get to see her again! Yay :D
[/quote]
I just went to a dinner and presentation there on Saturday (in Alhambra with the Carmelites). I love the sisters there!! Sister Mary Patrice rocks!

Edited by mariahLVzJP2

[quote name='mariahLVzJP2' post='1068116' date='Sep 20 2006, 01:34 PM']
I just went to a dinner and presentation there on Saturday (in Alhambra with the Carmelites). I love the sisters there!! Sister Mary Patrice rocks!
[/quote]

:offtopic:

Say how did you get that cool Avatar. I have the comic!! My only regret is that I didn't get the comic for Mother Teresa when it first came out. Now I can't find it but I have the comic for St. Francis.

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='passionheart' post='1068477' date='Sep 20 2006, 08:24 PM']

Say how did you get that cool Avatar. I have the comic!! My only regret is that I didn't get the comic for Mother Teresa when it first came out. Now I can't find it but I have the comic for St. Francis.
[/quote]
was that seriously off topic? I usually think of "off topic" as something like this:

the star trek trivia game rocks, come check it: [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=57612&hl="]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?s...c=57612&hl=[/url]

:idontknow:

[quote name='HollyDolly' post='1068066' date='Sep 20 2006, 06:30 PM']
:blush: Been a while since had contacted any orders of sisters.But here are the ones I had in the past.

Sisters of the Most Precious Blood,O'Fallon Mo.
Adorers of the Blood of Christ, Ill.
Carmelite Sisters of the Divine Heart of Jesus,San Antonio,Tx.
Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word,San Antonio,
Sisters of Divine Providence,San Antonio
Sisters of the Incarnate Word and Blessed Sacrament,Victoria,Texas
Oblate Sisters of the Church(Italian) Dallas (no longer in US)
Missionary Sisters,Servants of the Sacred Side of Jesus(Italian,Forth Worth,No longer in US)
Missionary Servants of St.Anthony,San Antonio
Sisters of St.Joseph of Cluny
Sisters of the Presentation of the BVMary,San Antonio
Daughters of Charity of St.Vincent de Paul
Handmaids of the Precious Blood,Jemenez Springs,NM
Sisters of Charity of St.Joan Antida,Milwaukee,Wisconsin
School Sisters of Notre Dame,Milwaukee
Dominican Sisters of Charity of the Presentation
Angelic Sisters of St.Paul New England
Sisters of St.Thomas of Villanova
Mission Helpers of the Sacred Heart of Jesus
Sisters of Charity of Our Lady,Mother of the Church,Baltic Conn.
Brigettine Nuns,Darien,Conn.
Missionary Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary
Sisters of the Holy Family of San Jose,Ca
Missionary Sisters of the Immaculate Conception,NJ
Sisters of Mercy,Daughters of Christian Charity of St.Vincent de Paul(Hungarian) NJ
Franciscan Missionary sisters of the Divine Child Jesus,Williamsville,NY
School Sisters of St.Francis,Pittsburgh,PA
Sisters of Charity of the Immaculate Conception,Greensburg,PA
Sisters of Charity of the Holy Child Mary,California
Daughters of Mary Immaculate,San Antonio
Religious of Mary Immaculate ,San Antonio
Sisters of the Holy Infant Jesus,Tracy,Ca
Daughters of the Cross,Shreveport,LA
Our Lady of Victory Missionary Sisters,Victory Knoll,Indiana
Sisters of St.Joseph Benedict Cottelengo,Opa Locka,Fl
Regis Pace benedictine Sisters(Manchester,NH(gone back to Lithuania)
Benedictine Sisters of Boerne,Tx
Seraphic Franciscan Sisters,San Antonio
Oblate Sisters of Jesus the Priest,San Antonio
Josephine Sisters(Hermanas Josifinas) San Antonio
Brigidine Sisters(Irish) San Antonio
Discaled Carmelite Nuns,San Antonio
Sisters of the Holy Spirit and Mary Immaculate,San Antonio
Ursulines of the Roman Union,San Antonio
Sisters of the Blessed Sacrement,PA Mother Drexel's sisters
Sisters of Perpetual Adoration, San Antonio(spanish speaking)
White Sisters of Charity of Zagreb,Buffalo,Ny
Visitation Nuns,Mobile,Alabama
These are all the communities I can think of right now.Wrote to them over the years.
My mother had a stroke,and later my dad got sick,so perhasp it is just as well I never entered,since i would have had to leave to help take care of them.
[/quote]
:shock:

[quote name='passionheart' post='1068477' date='Sep 20 2006, 09:24 PM']

[/quote]
though I'm not as off topic as you are, the question should be how did [i]you[/i] get that cool comic!? i found the avatar under images of JP2 online. i love comic illustrations, so this avatar was perfect :)

HeavenlyCalling

Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist. I got their vocation packet and e-mailed SJAB, It pretty aquard though, because every time I write I run throu who I am again, because I dont know if she remembers who I am :idontknow: :D: ! And I am going to their retreat in May, my 16th birthday is in May and my parents said they'd buy my airplane ticket as my gift.

I looked into the Sisters of Life, and although they totally rock :drool: , I dont think I am called to that kind of work. I also have looked at, but haven't contacted the Nashville Dominicans, because there I could teach higher education, which would be nice.

The only real problem is I live in New Hampshire, so all of these places are kinda far away, and there really aren't any traditional Dominican orders around me, the only nuns I've ever really known are the two that worked in my old school, neither wore habits and they lived by themselves ( the old covent by the school is now CCD classes and offices :( ), so there aren't many other sisters I could even talk to :sadder:

On the bright side, my family might take a trip to Tenn. when my uncle comes back home (he's in jail, please pray for him, he's my :sadder: godfather) so I might have a chance to see the Dominicans there!!! I hope!!!

[quote name='HeavenlyCalling' post='1069319' date='Sep 21 2006, 01:56 PM']
Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist. I got their vocation packet and e-mailed SJAB, It pretty aquard though, because every time I write I run throu who I am again, because I dont know if she remembers who I am :idontknow: :D: ! And I am going to their retreat in May, my 16th birthday is in May and my parents said they'd buy my airplane ticket as my gift.

I looked into the Sisters of Life, and although they totally rock :drool: , I dont think I am called to that kind of work. I also have looked at, but haven't contacted the Nashville Dominicans, because there I could teach higher education, which would be nice.

The only real problem is I live in New Hampshire, so all of these places are kinda far away, and there really aren't any traditional Dominican orders around me, the only nuns I've ever really known are the two that worked in my old school, neither wore habits and they lived by themselves ( the old covent by the school is now CCD classes and offices :( ), so there aren't many other sisters I could even talk to :sadder:

On the bright side, my family might take a trip to Tenn. when my uncle comes back home (he's in jail, please pray for him, he's my :sadder: godfather) so I might have a chance to see the Dominicans there!!! I hope!!!
[/quote]

Actually there are a few other Dominicans who are members of CMSWR a bit closer to you. (NJ and MA)
Don't know too much about them, though, as they only have a brief page on the CMSWR website. Good luck and God bless

brandelynmarie

oops! :rolleyes: I forgot I also visited the PCPA's in Canton,Ohio too....yeesh...Does anyone see a pattern here? But now I believe St. Dominic wants me for his daughter! :cool: