An Old School Catholic Message Board

Another Vocation...

Catholictothecore

Catholictothecore

I think it's awesome that so many of us here are so jazed about priesthood and conscrated life. I'm just wondering, though, because it's come to my notice that I've kinda been...maybe downplaying the need for holy marriages. Just wondering if anyone here is in a relationship they'd like to talk about, because that's very much a time of discernment as well. Communist leaders have said that if you destroy the family, you'll destroy the country, and look what's happening, espcially since Roe v Wade. Where have all the holy marriages gone, with Christ the binding force of these unions of love. Just wondering what others thought, and if anyone here is "discerning" this needed vocation.

Also, I'd like to make a personal request to my fellow friends in discernment. God's brought me to a very....scary place. It's like, I want so much to do whatever God wants of me, I don't know where He's taking my life. Essentailly, what He's asking me to do is love Him without fear and abadon myself entirely to His wisdom and strength. I don't know where He's leading me. It's hard as I'm someone who likes to daydream about the future. I've done that since before I can remember. So, please keep me in your prayers.

Pax Christi,
Alex

Chorusgirl

Hello!! I have come to notice as well, I think people sometimes come to forget that marriage and the single life too is a vocation. And that each and every vocation, as it is a calling from God, IS equal and highly important. Marriage is SO beautiful and wondeful, it fills me with great joy when I come across couples that truly value there marriage and vows, who have God in there relationship as a center. Praise God!

Chorusgirl

[quote name='Catholictothecore' date='May 16 2005, 02:43 PM'] So, please keep me in your prayers.

Pax Christi,
Alex [/quote]
You have my prayers

Marriage is truly beautiful...

and Alex, when I get married, you're invited to the wedding :-)

who knows, maybe I'll get married to someone on Phatmass?! hahahahahahhah ;)

God bless.

avemarisstella

Marriage is beautiful. Reading Chesterton so much last year, especially What's Wrong With the World and seeing all the beautiful new homeschoolling movements is really inspiring. Truly, society needs turning upside down. It needs to see that the family is an end and not a means that men and women are made for one another, not in a servile sense, but in a way that reflects Christ and His Church. If I hadn't been hit by continuous religious vocation bricks in the last few months, I would have been discerning marriage...

[quote name='PennyLane' date='May 17 2005, 12:13 AM'] Marriage is truly beautiful...

and Alex, when I get married, you're invited to the wedding :-)

who knows, maybe I'll get married to someone on Phatmass?! hahahahahahhah ;)

God bless. [/quote]
haha, ditto your marrying someone from Phatmass. :D

I have also thought about the lack of holy marriages in the world at this time. Though I'm a little young to be seriously discerning this vocation, I am keeping it in mind.

Agreed! There's alot of talk about why the decrease in vocations to the priesthood and religious life but the fact remains, marriage is a vocation. It needs to be encouraged and supported. Without a strong married life and a family life, the Church is not strong. The family is the domestic church - the church in miniature ( I love that!)

sr. betsy ^_^

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

If a marriage isn't holy, there is a high likelyness that the children in that family (if any!!) won't find their vocation from God, but rather they will find their own vocation. We need marriages to be Holy and to be centered on God. It is sad how many people I know are just in relationships just for hte romance. I don't see God in the relationship at all. It makes me sad and I want them to either figure things out and get God in the picture or break up!!!

Catholictothecore

It is defientely a community of love. I gorget who had it, but someone here had a sig where a guy asked God where were all the saints, and all the brilliant doctors. God says, "I created them, but you aborted them." Really powerful. If God ever placed in the situation where I truly, truly did love a girl, and she loved me, I would be nervous as heck, but I don't think I could enter the seminary (I might not be going till after college) with a doubt that there was someone that I loved out there like that. That I could be a community of love with.

If you found little sense in the above, it's cause I've been tired all day and just now getting up from a lunch-break nap that went till 4:30.

Catholictothecore

It's scary, but kinda thrilling, ain't it?

I think we should post something in Open Mic asking married people to come and share their vocation journeys with us...anyone else think so?

Catholictothecore

Motion has been moved and seconded. All in favor? Good. Someone tell em. I g2g!

Agape,
Alex.

I'm not married, but I guess I'll post a little. :)

It took many years for me to discern my vocation. I wasn't always sure I wanted to be married, and I was discerning the single life for a while, but after many years of confusion, discernment, a whole lot of prayer, and most of all, God's grace, I discovered that I was called to Marriage. It's a beautiful vocation, and I know that I've been blessed by the good example my parents have given me. I have a great desire to be a good mommy and raise a bunch of Saints (yes, Saints!) and to be a good wife who leads her husband closer to God.

Still waiting and praying for the boyfriend-fiance-husband part. :P But I'm patient. :)

Edited by Colleen

Catholictothecore

[quote]Still waiting and praying for the boyfriend-fiance-husband part.    But I'm patient. [/quote]

:thatsfunny: Sorry, but I was so thinking you were already married. I read that, and found it kinda funny. Please, forgive me.