An Old School Catholic Message Board

Another Vocation...

Catholictothecore

[quote name='Catholictothecore' date='May 17 2005, 08:30 PM']
:thatsfunny: Sorry, but I was so thinking you were already married. I read that, and found it kinda funny. Please, forgive me.[/quote]
Lol, I edited to reduce the confusion.

Catholictothecore

I think it's awesome that your desire is too raise saints. So much thinking about marriage, I believe is "Do I want to have sex with you?" There's so little thought to "Do I want to love you? Do I love you enough to give you my body? Do I want to see Christ in you forever?" It's discouraging, and...more than a little WRONG! I think your desire is beuatiful. People who think like you show me hope. :rollseyes:

Birgitta Noel

LOL, I was just thinking about this very thing last night that there were more vocations than just religious life and that we needed a marriage thread on the board!

God is GOOD!

More later on marriage....

[font="Optima"][color=red]

I am preparing to get married, and very excited... :D
For all those discerning, know that God will steer you in the right direction and that he knows your heart and where you will be the happiest. My fiance and I were friends for a very long time before we even thought of marriage as a vocation. A short version of our story...

We were best friends.
He was discerning the priesthood but reconsidered when we met a new friend in a discernment group.
She was a wonderful holy woman who was entering the church.
They began going out together on mini-dates.
We all went to a retreat and she went to her first confession...
The priest told her she wasn't supposed to date anyone.
My fiance was very sad.
We talked a lot.
We fell in love.
We've been dating for five years.
Now we are getting married.
Our friend is a sister.

Our motto is What ever God has planned for you is better than anything you can plan for yourself.

I have been very blessed to have so many wonderful friends as role models for healthy, holy marriages... :D I also have seen how much work and prayer it takes to have one. I think that is the hidden revolution within our society, how young catholic families are recognizing the importance of having strong family lives. I am amazed at how many of these families I meet...there are alot out there, and I believe they represent a revolution within our society. They will change America.

My prayers are with all of you as you discern, and I ask them for me and my love. We'll help with the revolution.

[/color][/font] :D

[quote name='Catholictothecore' date='May 17 2005, 08:52 PM']I think it's awesome that your desire is too raise saints. So much thinking about marriage, I believe is "Do I want to have sex with you?" There's so little thought to "Do I want to love you? Do I love you enough to give you my body? Do I want to see Christ in you forever?" It's discouraging, and...more than a little WRONG! I think your desire is beuatiful. People who think like you show me hope. :rollseyes:[/quote]
Aww, thanks. :) That is truly what I want to do. I think it would be so awesome to have a whole family of Saints (canonizable Saints). As a wife and mother, I would see it as my duty to help my children and my husband grow in holiness and achieve sanctity. And of course, I'd need lots of help for myself in this area, too. ;) I want my future children and my future husband to get to Heaven. I want them to be holy. I want them to have a great love for God. It's a huge responsibility and I know it's going to be hard, but I think this is what God is asking from me. :)

And I promise you, there are more who think the same way. :)

Just so you all know, I am getting married in a few days...I will tell you how awesome it all is some time in June when I get off the moon.