An Old School Catholic Message Board

contemplatives

jezic

[quote name='jezic' date='Jun 9 2005, 03:14 PM']while that makes sense, one note i would add is that actually you are "meditating" you just reach the state of inner quiet and focus so fast no conscious thought is required for it. :)

And it takes a long time to train the mind like that.
[right][snapback]608064[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I think we are talking about two different things. There is a kind of meditaiton that is a stillness of mind achieved through discipline. This is what eastern religions do, right?

Infused contemplation is [i]nothing[/i] like that. It can happen without any effort, without any warning, and you can't stop it. (Note, this is rare, and certainly doesn't happen to beginners!) And it's not stillness or inner quiet exactly -- it only seems that way in the beginning.

Edited by philothea

maybe we are talking about different things and yet in my heart i feel that these two are very related. It might be the different perspectives on the same thing.

The terms that are used for "contemplation" get tricky quickly because they try to express matters of the spirit. I have not had any of these conversations before so the things that i talk about might not be the "official" way of saying things. :)

by the way, great post!

Edited by jezic