An Old School Catholic Message Board

Official What Orders are You Considering Thread!

the_rev

[quote name='Totus Tuus' date='Aug 19 2005, 08:08 AM']Sweetness! Can you tell me more about Cistercian chant? Is it different from Gregorian chant or something?
[right][snapback]690203[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Cistercian chant is a variation of "gregorian chant" in the same way that Dominican chant is. There are slight differences of the same antiphons or even different antiphons for the same feasts.

[quote name='Susan' date='Aug 19 2005, 08:21 AM']Cistercian chant is a variation of "gregorian chant" in the same way that Dominican chant is. There are slight differences of the same antiphons or even different antiphons for the same feasts.
[right][snapback]690211[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

That sounds right to me. All chant is so lovely! :love:

I'm not exactly sure how the chants compare specifically, but from what I picked up from listening to both Cisterican and Gregorian chant, there is a difference in melody. They are pretty similar, though.

Well for me it is the Sisters of Nazareth in Los Angeles Ca!!!! but I'm still going to look inot a few more to make sure I'm ment to be with them as they want me to figure out which i alreayd know I belong with the Sisters of Nazareth but I want to make them happy!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Sixtina87

AlterDominicus

[quote name='beata_virgo_maria' date='Jul 12 2005, 10:49 PM']I'm going to the Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist's retreat in October.
[right][snapback]641580[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

You serious!!!!!!!! I'll see you there then!!!!! :D: :D:

[quote name='daugher-of-Mary' date='Jul 19 2005, 01:31 PM']How many postulants are the SMMEs expecting? hehe. This is all SOO exciting...
[right][snapback]650012[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I would say in the next couple years 17 or 18 seeings as I WILL BE one of them!

Edited by AlterDominicus

Oh, and an update, it looks like this year's SMME postulant group will be 16 or 17. I always lose count, but Our Lord has been SO GOOD to us in this Year of the Eucharist!!!!!

AlterDominicus

Cow, thats a lot of Postulants I mean come on they just had 8 an year ago, well 6 are now Novices, but still! They are turning into St. Cecilia Congregation! Of course not that quite after all the Nashville's have over 200 sisters